El Capistan

The is no "Tape" delay type on the Standard and Ultra... It was added in the II.

A new "Real Tape" algorithm has since been added in a later II firmware.

I am not aware of any other attempts, other than the ones posted.... I am interested to hear what people come up with.

What sound are you trying to get? I was specifically trying to emulate the saturated wash sound with that prest.

Good call, I had forgotten about Don's patch on the Ultra...it sounds great. I know he was on the list to get a II and I am really looking forward to when he does as he produces some great shizzle.... Must drop him a line.

I keep trying to update my original preset... But I keep going back to the one that Danny W posted and preferring that one.... I have ordered an other El Capistan today.... If I find the magic secret to replicate it in the II then I can always sell it on without any problem... But I missed it too much, it's just easy to dial in a great sound.

I thought the saturated preset was good on the II.... But it was more the colouration that the El Capistan added that I really liked... I am sure the II can do it....but I just need the El Capistan to A/B against.

I finally bought one. The Axe could probably get close enough for rock n roll, but I justified the purchase because most of the attempts to clone it were pretty CPU heavy.

Back
Top Bottom