El Capistan - Saturated Wash

BadMelonFarmer

Power User
Hi guys,

here is my first more successful attempt to warm up the Tape Delay and get more of the El Capistan kinda vibe.

I used the El Capsitan mainly on a tuned to my taste version of the Strymon "Saturated Wash".

The "Shiva Sat El Cap.syx" is a full preset based on Sean's excellent "Shiva on the Rocks" with the added Mono Tape Delay before the Amp

The "EC Saturated Wash.syx" is an Effect Preset containing just the Delay Block....needs to be saved into the /Users/<USER NAME>/Documents/Fractal Audio/Workspace/AxeEdit/Effects folder

For me the magic seemed to come in boosting the drive and then the EQ when I made it more high pass and boosted some of the the bands a little.

Has more of the El Capistan warmth / stand out vibe to my ears.....

Think i now need to work on the Modulation settings, any constructive criticism very much appreciated to try and get the vibe.

Cheers

Martin

EDIT***

Added Sat El Capistan V2
View attachment Sat El Capistan V2.syx

Updated Delay block....Closer to what I was after.... I am very happy with V2

Attachments

• EC Saturated Wash.syx
    1.6 KB · Views: 448
  • Shiva Sat El Cap.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 419
Last edited:
Glad you guys found it useful.

Yes it was created on FRFR, but I would not have thought that if you use the effect block it would need any tweaking for a power amp setup.

But then I have to played with anything other than FRFR

El Cap was a one of the sweetest stompbox on my pedalboard before I've bought AXE2.
Thanks for sharing this preset

You are welcome.

I agree that the El Capistan has a certain magic to it.

Not sure I am fully there with the preset....still working on it.

I will post an update to the later version I have been working on....the basics are the same....just tuning now.

Constructive comments and suggestions very are all very welcome.

That Shiva Sat El Cap patch is a beautiful creation. Spent the last 30 minutes just slowly chording on it. My new favorite patch. Thanks!

The Siva preset sounds REALLY nice, thanks for sharing it!! :)

Having problems with the other two..the saturated wash goes straight into trash when dragged into Edit.

As does the new Capistan preset..saving it as "download linked file" then dragging into Edit just sees it straight into trash

No worries, glad you like it.

It is a tweaked version of "Shiva on the Rocks".

The other two sysex files need to be put in the effects folder.

Open Axe-Manage, then select "Blocks" ...drag them into there...you should be able then click on an effect block and select "Block"..... "Recall Block"....."Delay"....."<Block Name>"

if that does not work, here is the latest complete Preset....
View attachment 045.syx

Hey BadMelonFarmer....thanks for my favourite patch on the II !!!!!!
With my neck pickup it's more like a Steinwey than a guitar!

No worries man, glad you like it.

Now v4.0 is out... Time to try the new True Tape!

Lets see if we can improve things on this patch.

okay....just installed Firmware V4.01 and the new tape delay is really cool....but I will have to rebuild the tape block on this patch.

I will work on it over the next few days and post it up for comments / help.

cheers

Martin

Back
Top Bottom