EITHER display Tuner [AxeFx mode = II] OR display PresetNames [AxeFX mode = NONE] ?

Morphosis

Official G66 Support
Can`t get it ;(

Love the function showing the Tuner in the MFC Display! But i need that in Preset-Mode (Axe Fx mode = NONE): Thinking of my Main Preset with 4 switchable Amps and many "Pedalboard Effects" i want to Save "snapshots" with dedicated IA (&instant IA #CC) status of which Amp and which Effects i use to dedicated MFC-Presets AND give them a Name of course! I`can do that in Preset-mode and also in Axe-Fx mode be setup the IA -> FX Block correspondence to NONE.

But in both Modes i loose one important function:

Either i loose the Tuner-Display (& tap-blink-blink, better incl TunerHoldFunction!), wehen in Preset Mode to NAME my "snapshots".

Or i loose the possibility to give presets a specific Name (instead of the AxeFX Name), if i want the Display-the-tuner-in-MFC "mode" (=AxeFX Mode = ON / ULTRA / STANDARD /II).

I can`t believe, that this will not be possible at once ... ?!

so, anybody got the trick? I want to read the Axe-FX Tuner in the MFC Display in PresetMode (Edit - > Setup -> Axe-FX Mode = NONE). Must be possible?! Or have i to post this as a WISH?

Last edited:
I just read this post and it kind of bummed me out, as well as this thread regarding the way presets are arranged in preset mode are arranged in strict numerical order: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/mfc-discussion/53101-programming-presets.html

I was planning on using the MFC in a similar way that you're describing. It would really suck to have to switch between various Axe-FX presets that are really just variatons of the same preset with different active effects and X/Y settings rather than using MFC presets to do essentially the same thing and not have to deal with signal dropouts when changing Axe-FX presets just so I can keep the tuner. I'm more concerned with the dropouts (however short they may be) than names.

I started digging through the manuals, Wiki and forums and it looks like there are workarounds. You can use Song or Set mode and set the IA switches to General Use IA Switches instead of the default Axe-FX functions - you would just set them to use the CC # for the different functions used by the Axe-FX functions which are listed in the apendix of the Axe-FX II manual. Song and set names are limited to 7 charaters, and the General Use IAs only store the On/Off state rather than the Active/Bypassed/Not present states when used for their Axe-Fx funtions (I'm guessing this would be green for on and red for off, but I haven't found that in the manual and I'm guessing if the function assigned isn't present in the preset the LED will still be on.)

It does look like you can have your cake and eat it too, it will just take a bit more programming...

For sure, i can have my cake, but also with more work on programming (which is not my problem - the MFC is very fast to handle- once you understand the architecture) i cannot eat the WHOLE cake!

Refer to http://forum.fractalaudio.com/mfc-discussion/53101-programming-presets.html#post677713 describe an issue, when thinking of the MFC as a MASTER, but using it in SLAVE mode. But the issue is there: Nobody want to have x-times the same preset in the AXE-II, only because of having different IA states (and names) saved ...

For more explanation what i want and think, what could be possible, i refer to my WISHes i wrote down here:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/mfc-w...-controller-101-hope-comments.html#post678340

Yeah, I was thinking about it and since the presets within a song are Axe-FX presets instead of MFC presets, so in order to do what I was thinking you'd only have up/down for presets in the Song Mode/General use IA situation I stated above, so it really won't do what I want it to.

I'm glad I found this post, I had assumed that I could use MFC presets and still get the tuner and effect states, but now I know I can't.

The real problem is that even if I set up multiple variants of the same preset, preset changes are not seamless, which is where having Axe-FX mode off would really come in handy.

Some of the other controllers that can display the tuner are starting to look like better options to me now.

Back
Top Bottom