Bug? Either Axe-Edit or FWvQ8.01 USB Reamping Issue

dr bonkers

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
When USB reamping while writing presets, I am getting a strange error message that I never got before and both the AX-FX2 and Axe Edit lock up in terms of communicating with each other:

My DAW is not sending any midi messages.

I am getting the memory hole message of User 57 on the front panel though when this happens.

Pausing and restarting communications does not help.

I happens every 45 minutes or so now. This never happened with USB reamping before.
upload_2017-5-16_23-1-6.png

I have been trying to record some demo videos for two days and keep running into this same issue. It's been happening for a couple of months now. Seems to work okay with Axe-Edit when not using as an audio interface? But I need this function for 'Tone Matching' over USB audio.

I have tried everything that I can think of?
  1. Bought 4 new USB cables. (3 meter, gold plated)
  2. Tried all available USB ports
  3. Tried two different computers (Windows 10 Pro)
  4. Removed and re-installed all drivers
  5. Tried lower CPU presets (60%)
  6. I have been using a jack-panel for years so that I wouldn't wear anything out. I have been trying going straight to the Axe-Fx USB port to eliminate the extra cable and the jack.
Seems to be getting worse. When it does work, the recorded audio is scratchy and crackly. This has brought me to a stand still!

Could it be the USB port on my Axe-Fx II - Mk II?

Doc, what is "the memory hole message"?
Sorry Matt, I used the wrong term.

I meant to say memory leak rather than memory hole.

The User 57 message shows up on the front panel when this bug occurs, as I documented in this thread regarding another odd behavior issue showing a message of User 97 when another strange behavior occurs:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/odd-message-in-reset-system-params.122093/#post-1482308

I am just hoping I don't have a faulty component in my Fractal at this stage of the game causing these issues.

I should add that like Moke I replaced all cabling, switched USB ports, switched computers, reinstalled drivers, everything @Moke did. Both issues still plague me on a regular basis.

Back
Top Bottom