• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

EHX Superego.. Need some routing help!

JOHNNYROCKIT

Experienced
I now have an EHX Superego on the way and was wondering how to route it to my AXE-FX (Ultra)....

I want to avoid routing the EHX Superego directly through the front of my AXE-FX if possible because the SUPEREGO does not have 'True Bypass' and I want to avoid having any 'colored' sound or altered guitar dynamics etc. @ the AXE's input 1 front.

If possible, I was hoping to insert various effects from the AXE-FX (Ultra) (via the effects loop), into the send/return of the EHX Superego and if possible, simultaneously have the Superego's 'In' & 'Out' routed via the Ultra's effects loop as well.

I would like to route all Via the effects loop of the AXE-FX and also have the ability to bypass this routing in the Ultra's effects loop when needed.

At the risk of being redundant to clarify, here's what I need:
1) dry signal from the Ultra to the Superego 'In & Out'
2) Effected signal from the Ultra to the Superego 'Send & Return'
3) Bypass of the Ultra's effects loop
(to avoid using the colored dry signal when using the Superego's bypass)

Configuring this set-up has my head spinning. :? Any help would be most appreciated.

Bakerman

Axe-Master
Do you plan to switch/blend sounds via MIDI or Axe pedal 1/2 ports? In other words, not make wet/dry adjustments or toggle bypass on the Superego itself? If so, 2 cables (instead of 4) between Axe/EHX will probably allow everything you need.

Connect Axe Out 2L to Superego In, Superego Send (or Output w/ only wet signal turned up) to Axe In 2L. In the Axe you can route dry signal parallel to FXL, process the EHX output separately, toggle/blend sounds in a variety of ways like mixer or volume blocks.

What you described is also possible, using feedback send/return blocks (plus correct balance & I/O settings) to make the Axe loop L/R act like 2 mono loops at different points in the chain.

Last edited:

JOHNNYROCKIT

Experienced
Thanks you Bakerman for your help. You're awesome sir!!!
I was hoping you would be the one to provide a solution. I greatly admire and appreciate you for your brilliant work/ideas and willingness to help here on the forum.
and...
Yes.... I would like to switch/blend sounds via MIDI or Axe pedal 1/2 ports.
No... I do not want to make wet/dry adjustments or toggle bypass on the Superego itself.

Please advise further...
With your routing example, what would be the best bypass solution/configuration to avoid extreme volume differences?

And...
If I set things up with your two cable set-up and it doesn't sit well with my purposes and should happen to want to set it up the other way using the Superego's blending/switching and bypass etc. .... How would I go about setting that up?

Last edited:

Bakerman

Axe-Master
If you sent the 2 signals into a mixer block, an External could adjust levels for those rows however you wanted. Like wet/dry at 0/100, then press a switch and get 75/40 or whatever sounds good. Engaging a volume or filter block in each path could also accomplish that.

The other method would end up being like this:

Axe Out 2L - EHX input - EHX send - Axe In 2R - effects here - SND block - RTN block - Axe Out 2R - EHX return - EHX output - Axe In 2L - any final processing on full sound - Out 1

Routing example:

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4402/2lh4.jpg

(Some balance settings are important to avoid unwanted signal flow or feedback loops.)

JOHNNYROCKIT

Experienced
WOWwww!! You rock kind sir..... :mrgreen Thank you very much my friend.
Thanks 2 you, My head is no longer spinning...
so I guess it's safe now to take my baby
My Baby3.jpg ...for a spin.

Top Bottom