ehx small stone phaser?

NeoSound

Fractal Fanatic
Anyone have luck re-creating the original pedal sound on the III? I can get some nice phaser sounds but this one seems to have something else going on besides what's in a normal phaser? The originals really get wet when changing the color switch. It has limited uses, but I miss this pedal for certain things.

Any ideas?

Anyone have luck re-creating the original pedal sound on the III? I can get some nice phaser sounds but this one seems to have something else going on besides what's in a normal phaser? The originals really get wet when changing the color switch. It has limited uses, but I miss this pedal for certain things.

Any ideas?
I had an original that I dearly loved. To my ears the Small Stone has a pretty whacky modulation LFO - the astable LFO gets closest but it’s still not exactly right. It almost sounds like a rounded ramp?

One of my wishlist items is to be able to upload a BMP to define the LFO.

Also be sure to trim quite a bit of low and high out of the phased tone. Mine probably won’t pass anything higher than 1-2K on the wet side. Maybe 80Hz shelf on the low side?

I had an original that I dearly loved. To my ears the Small Stone has a pretty whacky modulation LFO - the astable LFO gets closest but it’s still not exactly right. It almost sounds like a rounded ramp?

One of my wishlist items is to be able to upload a BMP to define the LFO.

Also be sure to trim quite a bit of low and high out of the phased tone. Mine probably won’t pass anything higher than 1-2K on the wet side. Maybe 80Hz shelf on the low side?
I have two of them, somewhere around here? One I believe is the first generation and the other I'm not sure. It was the first pedal I owned in the late(ish) 70's and I always regretted trading it.

I love the phasers in the III. There's something special about this one though and not sure how to duplicate it. Maybe Cliff can help?

Back
Top Bottom