Egnater EG3/4 Amp Match

muudrock

Experienced
I finally got around to spending some time with the whole tone matching thing and I tried my hand at it. I used Cliff's Tone matching tutorial to match an Egnater EG3/4 module using an Egnater M4 modular preamp. For those that aren't familiar, Egnater amps has made a line of modular preamp modules that work with their (And the former Randall) Preamp, heads and combos. These modules are based off various well known amplifiers like the plexi, JCM800, Vox AC30, as well as their own creations. The EG3/4 module is based off channels 3 and 4 of the Egnater TOL100 head. This is a darker, smokey Marshall-based sound with very stout, even mid range and a warmer overall sound. It is one of my favorite all time tones.
Use this preset with the IR I made of the matching Egnater 4x12 cab. They work great together, but most other IR's sound good as well.
I hope this translates well to other systems, it sounds so good through my studio monitors, FRFR floor monitor and 4x12.
This preset is set up with FX Loop so it feeds my power amp and cab as well.

Hope you like it and feedback is appreciated.

Preset Axe-Change - Download Preset - EG 3/4 TM - by Muudrock

Cab IR Axe-Change - Download 4x12 - SRP-Eggy TM412 Mix sm57 - by Muudrock

I finally got around to spending some time with the whole tone matching thing and I tried my hand at it. I used Cliff's Tone matching tutorial to match an Egnater EG3/4 module using an Egnater M4 modular preamp. For those that aren't familiar, Egnater amps has made a line of modular preamp modules that work with their (And the former Randall) Preamp, heads and combos. These modules are based off various well known amplifiers like the plexi, JCM800, Vox AC30, as well as their own creations. The EG3/4 module is based off channels 3 and 4 of the Egnater TOL100 head. This is a darker, smokey Marshall-based sound with very stout, even mid range and a warmer overall sound. It is one of my favorite all time tones.
Use this preset with the IR I made of the matching Egnater 4x12 cab. They work great together, but most other IR's sound good as well.
I hope this translates well to other systems, it sounds so good through my studio monitors, FRFR floor monitor and 4x12.
This preset is set up with FX Loop so it feeds my power amp and cab as well.

Hope you like it and feedback is appreciated.

Preset Axe-Change - Download Preset - EG 3/4 TM - by Muudrock

Cab IR Axe-Change - Download 4x12 - SRP-Eggy TM412 Mix sm57 - by Muudrock

Hey Muud I remember you from The Egnater forums .
Is it possible when you get a few mins you could post a clip of this match and IR in the recordings section ..

Thanks

Absolutely awesome. Been waiting for someone to do the Eggie 3/4 since I sold mine last year.

Sounds great. Can't wait to try. Now we need eg5!

Thanks
For sharing

anyone else having trouble getting the "Y" EG4 part to work?
When I switch to Y, it's a real quiet, real dark bassman amp.

anyone else having trouble getting the "Y" EG4 part to work?
When I switch to Y, it's a real quiet, real dark bassman amp.
I downloaded it and imported it and it worked for me. Maybe try importing it again.

Glad you guys like it.

Back
Top Bottom