Effects Volume Issue

MKeditor

Experienced
I place everb and delay blocks in parallel to preserve the direct signal just like an rack system. I control the amount of effect by adjusting the in gain with an expression pedal. The problem is for some reason the pedal is changing the level of direct signal too. If I push the pedal forward it lowers the direct signal. This is happening even if the effect is by passed . In a real parallel setup this would not happen. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Input gain shouldn't affect dry level. Your description sounds like the pedal's controlling mix % or possibly level at some other point in the dry path.

The mix is at 100%. I use in gain because if you use the level control it will cut off the tails. Attached is a sample patch. I use ext 1 to control the volume block. Ext 2 to control effects level. If you by pass all the effects, the pedal still lowers the direct/dry signal a bit....which is not desirable.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1987x Treble MK.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 9
Unless this is an Axe-Edit bug, there's a modifier on mix instead of input gain for Reverb 2. That would do it.

Unless this is an Axe-Edit bug, there's a modifier on mix instead of input gain for Reverb 2. That would do it.

That was it. Thank you! I saved the wrong version of reverb 2.

That fixed the problem .....but why was reverb 2 effecting the dry signal when it was parallel AND by passed?

Back
Top Bottom