Effects to use for Ambient Guitar Noises

H13

Inspired
Hey all!

I love Floyd. I love Tool. I love ISIS. I want to do ambient sorta echoey stuff but I've never learned how to get the sounds right for it.

I'm assuming I'm gonna need a tonne of delay and reverbs...but in terms of setting them up to get it right? No idea. Any help here would be lovely :)

For ambient cool Floyd stuff, try things with crystals in the pitch block and things with the multidelay block.

Thanks for the kind words about my Shimmer preset! I've been writing some new music, which means new presets and some updated videos soon :)

Thanks for the kind words about my Shimmer preset! I've been writing some new music, which means new presets and some updated videos soon :)
It wasn't until I scrolled way down in the video comments (somethings that's usually a bad idea on YouTube) that I found you had built and posted the preset.

One of the neat things about that DC-30 amp in the Axe-FX is how well it responds to dynamics. You can play it very lightly and it's that shimmery clean, or you can dig into it and it dirties up just very musically.

Very cool preset, man. Thanks for sharing your technique.

Back
Top Bottom