effects spill over

"Out Pre" will mute everything. That's like putting a volume pedal at the end of your chain after all of your pedals.

Run the jumper like Chris said.. then set "In Post" to "Pedal 2" if that's where your volume pedal is plugged. Make sure you change "In Pre" to something else.. you don't want to leave that as "Pedal 2".

In addition, you will want to make sure your delays and reverbs are set up as "post effects". Check the manual for that. This will allow you to have trails when that volume pedal is off.

Last edited:
Yes, now check your effects routing make sure delay and reverb are set up as post effects in the "config" tab. Just make it 4 pre/4post and make sure your delay and reverb are last in the list.

ty chris, one more question. as for the jumper, what kind of cable should i use. trs or mono

Standard mono instrument/patch cable. High quality cables are best, so just use the highest quality SHORT cable you have. You don't want to add unnecessary cable length.

You're essentially running 4CM without the amp this way.

Standard mono instrument/patch cable. High quality cables are best, so just use the highest quality SHORT cable you have. You don't want to add unnecessary cable length.

You're essentially running 4CM without the amp this way.
Ty again. Great support out there

I'm having an issue with spillover on the AX8. I have a delay run in series but its mix is 100% (trying to achieve a trippy delay effect where all the listener would hear are the delays panning left and right without hearing the initial pick attack of the dry signal). I set the Bypass mode to "Mute FX in." This is all in Scene 3 of my preset. I would like the delays to spillover into Scene 4 and for myself to be able to keep playing as the delays fade out. Well, the delays spill over but my signal in Scene 4 ends up muted. The only way I get signal in scene 4 is to revert the delay block's Bypass mode back to Thru, in which case I lose any spill over delay.
I know I can run the delay parallel and get close to the effect I'm hoping to achieve but I'd like to try to run it in series so I don't hear the initial pick attack of my dry signal. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 17-7_Sublime.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 0
I'm having an issue with spillover on the AX8.
this is the fx8 forum, and i only have an fx8, so this is just a guess, but you might try running the delay in parallel with a volume block. in the scene where you want just the delays, use a scene controller to mute the volume block,then when you want to playalong with the delays, unmute the volume block.

Last edited:
I am a little confused. Sorry for not understanding here...(?), but we're talking about a "simple" volume pedal that has an input and an output jack, put as a "mini-4CM" in a 2CM setup front of the amp, right? Normal Patch cables would make sense as you would use the send and return jacks of the fx8.

What if you use only an expression pedal into the fx8 for global volume (no volume block)? Still tails possible in a 2CM setup with the volume AFTER the drives?

this is the fx8 forum, and i only have an fx8, so this is just a guess, but you might try running the delay in parallel with a volume block. in the scene where you want just the delays, use a scene controller to mute the volume block,then when you want to playalong with the delays, unmute the volume block.
Thanks I'll give it a try. I've tried something similar to that already and the sound was a little different than what I'm after here but I will give another go at moving some blocks around in parallel. The sound of the delay in series was exactly what I was after though. I'll let you know how it works out

Easiest answer for my situation right now seems to be just to set up the delay parallel and use my global volume pedal to swell into the notes. I suppose it'll do in a pinch

Back
Top Bottom