Wish Effects only FX-III rack

Severed

Fractal Fanatic
I know it's only a pipedream, but to have all the power of the III, all the I/O, and all the hardware features, but no amps or cabs, no IR's just effects, and of course Axe Edit, it's so great for real time dialing in tone and IMO one of if not the best GUI design in the business. So basically the III, with no amps or cabs, and maybe 2U rack mount form factor at like a $1500 or so price point.

I've been using an Axe-FX II in a 4CM setup now for over a year, and I find even without using amps, I'm maxing out presets with real time mod's and just basically having a setup with access to a multitude of effects so I don't have to tap dance. I'm using an MFC-101 and 3 expression pedals, and I'm not really doing much, running a looper, an auto engage wah, a drive, a phaser, a synth, a pitch, a rotary, a reverb, a delay, with 2 more expression pedals tied to different stuff depending on preset.

I know the majority of consumers want a floor model, like the FX8 or FM3. I personally would prefer to use an FC6 with 3 expression pedals and a single cable run to the rack, and all my connections done there so I don't have to run a 5 x 30ft cable snake out to the floor unit. Plus I prefer editing on a front panel or using axe edit over a floor based flat form factor.

Anyways, one guys wish.
thanks for reading

And you can cut a bit from the size and price of the unit so it becomes a better Helix Stomp (sorry if i’m wong about the name)

Back
Top Bottom