Effects loop?

rmp5s

Inspired
Just wondering how to set up an effects loop (...even though I know there isn't really an "effects loop" in the traditional sense...) in Axe-Edit. I think I've got the cabling right, I just don't know how to route all the logical bits. I have the pedal's output plugged into input 2 and the left side of the Axe's Output 2 going to the pedal's input. I just don't know how to set it all up in Axe-Edit.

I've looked all over and can't find a simple, clear explanation of what goes where. Can someone post a screenshot or explain the routing real quick?

THANKS!!!!

Just wondering how to set up an effects loop (...even though I know there isn't really an "effects loop" in the traditional sense...) in Axe-Edit. I think I've got the cabling right, I just don't know how to route all the logical bits. I have the pedal's output plugged into input 2 and the left side of the Axe's Output 2 going to the pedal's input. I just don't know how to set it all up in Axe-Edit.

I've looked all over and can't find a simple, clear explanation of what goes where. Can someone post a screenshot or explain the routing real quick?

THANKS!!!!
Put a FXL (effects loop) block in the chain.

That wiki article talks about "Feedback Send" and "Feedback Return" blocks in addition to the FXL block. I haven't had time to mess with it yet, but it seems there's more to it than simply dropping the FXL block in the chain.

...and I hope there is as I'd really like to put a few effects "in front of" the pedal I plan on running.

That wiki article talks about "Feedback Send" and "Feedback Return" blocks in addition to the FXL block. I haven't had time to mess with it yet, but it seems there's more to it than simply dropping the FXL block in the chain.

That section is describing a different type of FX Loop use, where In 2 gets processed and sent to Out 2. Feedback send/return aren't needed for normal FX Loop use (Out 2 > External gear > In 2).

I mostly use Feedback send/return to use even more effects in series. Like when one row is almost full, feedback send at its end, and feedback return on the row below to start again.

Back
Top Bottom