Effects loop question

frankiev

Experienced
I have several rack effects units that Id like to connect to the effects loop and I have a couple of questions . Whats the best way to set the levels ? Should I keep the output level of the external unit up loud and the fx input setting in the axe mixer down or is it a balanceing thing with both around the center . Same question regarding the fxsend on the axe and the effect unit input . Any help appreciated

Hit the utility button and then page to the right 2 times. You will see meters for your input and outputs. Make sure your input 2 is receiving the same signal that you are sending from out 2. How you get there is only going to occur through experimentation. Don't forget you can set the out 2 global output + or - with the gain slider to the right of the global graphic eq.

Generally, send as strong as signal as you can (with out clipping and what ever input gain of the rack effect is nominal) to the effect units, with the Axe-fx Input 2 level set at 50% (I think this is the nominal level) send as strong a signal as you can back to the Axe-fx. Adjust any level discrepancies between bypass and on with the Level parameter in the effects loop block. That should give you a good SNR.

Thanks guys . Saved me alot of stress trying to figure this out on my own
Too bad the axe fx dosent come with 300 or so effects presets (especially harmonizer )then I wouldnt have to use external processors . Im no good at building my own as I think may be the case with many others

Last edited:
Thanks guys . Saved me alot of stress trying to figure this out on my own
Too bad the axe fx dosent come with 300 or so effects presets (especially harmonizer )then I wouldnt have to use external processors . Im no good at building my own as I think may be the case with many others

+1

Back
Top Bottom