Effects loop placed after cab changing sound

acwild

Experienced
After downloading Dweezil's Eruption preset and modding it, I wanted to take some of the load off the AxeFx cpu by using external effects. The problem is that any time that I put the loop block after a cab, it makes kind of an out of phase sound. Is there a way to compensate for this? I usually prefer to use an external effect like analog delay near the end of the chain. Thanks.

Do you not have the mix at 100% on your external fx? If you mix the internal and external dry signals, it will inevitably cause phase issues if and when there's a processing latency. Doesn't matter where in your chain the loop is.

acwild said:
After downloading Dweezil's Eruption preset and modding it, I wanted to take some of the load off the AxeFx cpu by using external effects. The problem is that any time that I put the loop block after a cab, it makes kind of an out of phase sound. Is there a way to compensate for this? I usually prefer to use an external effect like analog delay near the end of the chain. Thanks.

Have the fxloop block in series and use the external device to mix dry/wet or it you have the effect in parallel make sure the delayed signal mix on the external device is set at 100%.

Beefcake said:
Do you not have the mix at 100% on your external fx? If you mix the internal and external dry signals, it will inevitably cause phase issues if and when there's a processing latency. Doesn't matter where in your chain the loop is.

Thanks for the replies. I'll check on my settings. Off the top of my head, the phase issues were only noticeable when placed after the cab block.

Back
Top Bottom