Effects Loop Help, Axe Fx III

gigawatt

Experienced
Hi all. Could someone refresh my memory as how to put an external preamp in an effects loop and use it in place of an amp sim block on the Axe Fx III? I used to have an Ultra and from what I remember you take an… here where I'm fuzzy. Is it; "output block, effects loop block, input block?" and can I use output 2, 3, or 4? I was looking at the manual and it jogged my memory a little, but it wasn't exactly as I remember it, or I should say, I couldn't figure it out.

Thank for any help :)

there is no Effects Loop block in the Axe3. the user manual covers this in depth. find this page in the manual and the answer is there:

Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 3.44.19 PM.png

Hey thanks Chris! So the preamp would go between "out3" and "in3" like in the diagram and that's all there is to it? Curious, what are the "etc." blocks? and what page number is this?

Sorry for all the questions, always learning. :)

Thanks again

Hey thanks Chris! So the preamp would go between "out3" and "in3" like in the diagram and that's all there is to it? Curious, what are the "etc." blocks? and what page number is this?

Sorry for all the questions, always learning. :)

Thanks again
etc means other blocks - anything else you want in the preset. it's shown that way to save space.

the preamp physically goes in between Out3 and In3 with real cables. you don't put any blocks between Out3 and In3. do it exactly like it describes and shows.

current manual Page 30 - you can always use the SEARCH function of PDF files like this to find what you need.

Thanks again Chris, think I got it now. While we're on the subject ;)… could you put a drive pedal or delay in between the Out3 In3 blocks to only be used with the outboard preamp? and CC to an onboard amp. Or would that be redundant, since you'd want the drive b4 and delay after? I guess thats where a loop block in between would be useful, but you could also just create another row and CC between the two. Anyway.

Note the virtual cable in between Out3 and In3 in the diagram. That is only there when the block is bypassed, when the block is active, the cable is gone.

i'm not sure how blocks between Out3 and In3 would actually function. when Out 3 is bypassed, i'm assuming you'd then hear those in-between blocks, but it would be basically the same as having them anywhere else in the preset.

i don't think blocks between Out3 and In3 is a feature, though someone else may know. i'd avoid it for now.

Back
Top Bottom