Effects Loop [FXL] 4 Level Controls

Phostenix

Power User
OK, I've read the manual & wiki entries on the effects loop & neither explain why there are 4 level controls for a stereo effects loop. Are 1 & 2 the send levels and 3 &4 the return levels or is it something else?

Thanks.

That doesn't make sense to me. The effects loop sits inline with one row of blocks on the grid and my understanding is that the signal goes in & out of that FXL block. How would the other rows of the grid come into play here?

With a stereo source connected to the Input 2, the 4 level controls & the Main control of the FXL have no affect on the levels of the signals coming into the FXL block. Only the Level control over to the right (in Axe-Edit) affects my signals coming into Input 2.

OK, I found the page in the manual on Mixology. So, it looks like the 4 Level controls & the Main control on the FXL only affect signals coming into the FXL block from the 4 rows of the grid? If you input a stereo source from the back panel, those level controls have no affect?

Last edited:
If you mean input 2, no--the 1st FXL page (on front panel UI) won't do anything. Page 1 mixes signals from previous column and sends the result to Out 2. Page 2 takes the In 2 signal and adjusts level/balance if you want, sending that to the next column.

Back
Top Bottom