Effects loop -3.7dB difference

Why is the effects loop of the unit -3dB quieter than if I go straight from input to ouput?
You mean Input/Output 2 vs 1?

Input/Output 2 are designed for Unity gain when used with outboard gear.

Make sure the Level is at 0 on both and that the Output 2 knob is full up.

It is. Still 3db quieter.
Quieter than what? Note what I said above about unity gain.

The level of Output 1 and 2 are not the same.

How are you determining a 3dB difference?

What does your preset layout look like and what are you trying to accomplish?

Sending a sine tone from a synth block. The volume block is configured to mute on bypass. Doesn't matter if I do that or physically remove the routing on that row when the loop is active, same result. Note the Output 1 meters and the output config. I have two cables, one for left one for right, going straight from output 2 to input 2 (in stereo).

Loop On.JPG

Loop off.JPG

IO config.JPG

Interesting... I assume you've also checked the Level control for both Input and Output 2?

Also the Scene Levels on both Output 1 and 2?

So it’s actually 3.7db difference between loop bypassed and engaged, even with a simple straight through routing, and bypassing input2 to bypass the loop. For now, the solution will be to add 1.85db to the input2 level (because stereo), but this is still not right. I’ll see what support says about it.

I had this issue before the lastest beta, using just a short jumper between Out 2 and In 2. I haven’t had time to test it with the new beta to see if it’s still an issue with my unit.

I'm probably just showing my ignorance here, but in the screen shot it shows Input 1 with a pad of 6 and input 2 with a pad of 0.

Back
Top Bottom