Effects list

Nawual

I have searched the forums but I have not found anything similar.
Is there a list of the effects that each effect relates to the real effect that it imitates? For example, with the reverbs, what is the "medium room"? Or are they not based on any particular brand like amps?
Thanks and regards!

Many reverb units (19" and pedals) use generic descriptions, such as "hall", "room", "chamber".
A medium room is in between a mall and a large room ...

Some of Fractal's reverb types are inspired by specific hardware. The name usually is a give-away. North Church and South Church may have been inspired by the Bricasti. Sun Plate might be based on the plate reverb used on Sun Studio records. London Plate may be based on Abbey Road's EMT 140 plate reverb. The various "umbulus" types are perhaps modeled after Strymon's Big Sky pedal.

Ok, i like much the Boss RV-6, I've used it a long time but I do not know what the equivalent would be, that's why I asked for a list

I think there's a legal issues not to spell out specific brand names in presets in case the original company objects. That's why a lot of presets in various products have names that hint at the actual emulated effect or amp -- for example check out the creative amp names in Logic Pro X.

I have searched the forums but I have not found anything similar.
Is there a list of the effects that each effect relates to the real effect that it imitates? For example, with the reverbs, what is the "medium room"? Or are they not based on any particular brand like amps?
Thanks and regards!
Yeks Guide to the Fractal Audio Drive Models (PDF) has this, but only for the Drives.
I assumed reverbs are just based on the type and/or space, but not on particular devices.
Delays are based on real hardware. Some of them, at least. Flangers, compressors, etc. have references to real world devices, but i haven't seen a document that describes them. Many are obvious, some not so much.

Back
Top Bottom