Effects for Metal Lead

This one works good for me placed at 1st block in post section with my Mark V ch3 Extreme. My guitar is not my issue more in the amp post.

Attachments

• Quite Please!_20170523_191527.blk
    169 bytes · Views: 4
How much gain are you running on that beast?
Here's the settings the channel I'm using is set to. I tried backing the gain off, and I get pretty similar results. I will try to back the mix and boost levels off next and see how that goes. Thanks for the ongoing suggestions again. Will keep posting updates as I go!

Attachments

• AmpSettings(LeadChannel).jpg
    AmpSettings(LeadChannel).jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 6
This one works good for me placed at 1st block in post section with my Mark V ch3 Extreme. My guitar is not my issue more in the amp post.
I've toned the effects level's down a bit, and it seems to help some. On the thing you posted, the link, I cannot open it for whatever reason. It doesn't show up in the folder when I try to import. What file type is that?

Consider using delay instead of reverb. I think this sounds much more natural for a typical metal lead sound. Delay time around 400ms, two echoes, set mix to taste. Also the block must be after the preamp. Best luck.

Did you do as someone suggested and change the FX8's signal chain so the Reverb was placed in the loop and not in front of your amp? It's under the "Config" button in FX8-Edit software, or you can adjust it using Setup on the unit itself. The default is placing all of your effects in to the front of your amp which will make Reverb and Delay sound like shit under high-gain.

Hm. I haven't checked out that actual patch (I can do so when I get home later), but with the gain of the amp running pretty high, a high gain setting on the FX8 drive block, and volume added from the comp...seems like quite a bit of gain? And if the reverb is still going into the front of the amp, it could be....ugly. :)

Back
Top Bottom