Effects and the MFC-101

rockfx

Greetings All,

Please pardon the ignorance if this has been covered before....

I'm trying to link 1 IA to 2 effects. I went through the manual and located the section dealing with just this very topic. The only thing is that when I step on 1 IA to turn on the desired effect(s) the other effect turns off and vice versa. I need BOTH effects to turn on and off with one button...i.e..delay1 AND drive1. Can this be done? The only other way I've been able to do this is by switching patches, which kinda defeats the set up I'm going for..
Thanks for your time...

Peace,
Rockfx

It won't work (for the second CC) with the switch operating in normal Axe-Fx mode. If you set it to "NONE" and assign CC values to it, you could reverse the polarity of the second CC and do what you're asking.

Yes, this is easily done with the MFC-101. Set the MFC IA to control the DRIVE, then set both the DELAY1 to the same CC# as DRIVE1 on the I/O:CTRL page.

This is off topic a bit, but if you want to switch between rhythm and lead, have you considered using the global preset feature to switch from any patch over to your predesignated lead patch (with delay, od, etc) and back again using the same IA?

Yes, this is easily done with the MFC-101. Set the MFC IA to control the DRIVE, then set both the DELAY1 to the same CC# as DRIVE1 on the I/O:CTRL page.
That would turn them on at the same time, not switch between them.

SO - not to hjack the thread, but - I can see this working when one wants to be able to turn on Drive/Delay in EVERY preset, or in one massive global template-style preset where different IA's turn on/off multiple differing effect blocks.. but...

How should one set this up where on A000 I want Drive/Delay/Reverb for a lead on one IA, but on A002 I want Filter(+3dB)/Delay only ???

Thank you... This is exactly what I needed..

From Warrior-I believe that is what the OP is requesting.... both on/off at the same time.
-Yes, this is what I'm trying to do.

MetalSlab-I haven't messed with the global settings YET... It's on my list of "Gotta work on this" things...Thanks

Thanks to all for your input. That's what I love about this forum. We all have different issues and different solutions for them. Keep those creative juices flowin'.......

Peace

Set it up as an external, assign external to whatever you want per preset.
That's what I did for everything pre-MFC, and am going to return a couple MFC switches to doing now. The AFx II manual refers to these as "Wildcard" switches.

Back
Top Bottom