Effect Wish: Natural feedback simulation

Natural feedback simulation

• Total voters
migueledge said:
What´s the matter with it?, can the axe -fx do this?

nothing a matter with it. We are talking about getting infinite sustain while using in ears or headphones.

javajunkie said:
migueledge said:

nothing a matter with it. We are talking about getting infinite sustain while using in ears or headphones.

Yes I know, but How time is it?, I aslked me if it´s possible that axe fx will work like a infinity sustainer or maybe it´s so difficult for the axe.

migueledge said:
javajunkie said:
migueledge said:

Yes I know, but How time is it?, I aslked me if it´s possible that axe fx will work like a infinity sustainer or maybe it´s so difficult for the axe.
No, currently the Axe isn't doing any kind of infinite sustain or feedback simulation. That's why it's on the wishlist ;)

brain21 said:
If you can do it on the VG-99, you can do it on the Axe-Fx I would imagine. Hopefully in the standard.

A "feedbacker" will be very appreciate !
bravo.gif

If found that it is possible to emulate the harmonics you get from feedback by setting the Whammy to the octave and carefully mixing it in when holding notes. It obviously won't give you additional sustain, but with a little (lot) reverb and delay added it makes an OK feedback effect IMHO. All overtones you hear come from the added octave blended in with an expression pedal:

http://uploading.com/files/FWH2LZH2/axe ... k.mp3.html

Sorry to dredge this one up but i'm trying to re-create the feedbacker effect from the gt-8/gt-10 with the axe-fx. I dont see how the axe wouldnt be able to do it, but every attempt i've tried falls short. Keep in mind i just have the axe int he fx loop of my Mesa Roadster, so maybe the 4CM would render better results... i'm thinking some sort of compression in front of the amp and some reverb/delay in the loop. What would be killer is if there were an affordible alternative to the sustainiac (the one that mounts to the neck)... i love the sustainer pickup but that thing isnt coming anywhere near my PRS.

+1
That would be so awesome.
I really wish Cliff could
incorporate something
like this into the Axe.
It would be great to be able
to get a clean sustain at
will and at low volumes.

+1 for the sustain and feedback block... that would lead to new cool thing...

like a delayed feedback...of pitch shifted... or ...u get the idea...

Re: Acoustic Feedback

nice
sound and image say more than words
does anyone have something like this for the pick-up converter?
singlecoil to humbucker or.........

javajunkie said:
solo-act said:
Sorry, but that does't make sense to me. Natural feedback can be had with a decent guitar, decent speaker, and decently dialed patch without having to be really loud. Plus that natural feedback is controllable.

I guess if you don't have any decent versions of the above you would want it, but I don't imagine that being anything but a gimmick.

Try that w/ In Ears on silent stage.

+1 I'm in the same boat as Sean, have even thought of bringing a tiny little amp and running a 1/4 inch output to it for just this purpose. With what I am doing it never seems important enough to bring the extra gear though.

That feedback plug in does sound really good though, thanks for sending along!

www.Fo.com said:
If found that it is possible to emulate the harmonics you get from feedback by setting the Whammy to the octave and carefully mixing it in when holding notes. It obviously won't give you additional sustain, but with a little (lot) reverb and delay added it makes an OK feedback effect IMHO. All overtones you hear come from the added octave blended in with an expression pedal:

http://uploading.com/files/FWH2LZH2/axe ... k.mp3.html

Hey, that sounds really good. Might have to play w/ setting that & some other effects up as a side bath and using an expression pedal to bring them into the mix or something. Cool. It should at least be something fun to play with until Cliff adds it, or if he decides not to at all!

Brain21

I'd be very happy if someone not just made an algo sounding like an ebow, but like a polyphonic ebow / sustainer ;)

Roland GR-500 Polyensemble section, Sustain slider to the top, through any Axe-Fx patch. That's the true polyphonic ebow - all strings are magnetized.
One-of-a-kind.

Back
Top Bottom