Effect Question

gigawatt

Experienced
I am trying to figure out what effect is being used in this song (on the guitar of course) at the 37 second mark. It's gotta be in the Axe III somewhere... But I don't know where to start.

Listening on my phone.. but sounds to me like a Jet flanger with a high mix

Dang why didn't I think of that? Of course, one of my fav effects, like; "vanity, my favorite sin.' :smilingimp:

Camilove... You must have a really nice phone to hear that. ;)

Don't forget there's stereo panning going on, too.

I couldn't tell it's in stereo, listening on my laptop, :( Thanks! wish my studio monitors were portable! I really need to pick out a set of headphones.

Thanks for all the input guys, sorry Rex, I think they're right...:)

Reactions: Rex
Listening to it again do you think that's a triggered flange? Where the flange starts at the same place each time a string is plucked?

Listening to it again do you think that's a triggered flange? Where the flange starts at the same place each time a string is plucked?
It can sound like that because of a high rate. Try different types of flangers. High mix/rate/feedback should get you there.

No. The rate isn't too fast, maybe 0.5-0.7 Hz. Each time through, notes 4-5-6 have about the same sweep as 7-8-9, except the last time before verse for some reason. This could be recreated fairly exactly with the right flanger phase offset and some pan control. A square panner and/or LFOs could help reduce the footwork needed for panning.

Back
Top Bottom