Effect Guru Question

claxor

Power User
Eventide's "GlitterVerb" here sounds incredible! Anybody have any ideas what is going on in this effect(s)?

[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing a shimmer-like pitch feeding into a stereo delay? Although something is going on with the pitch effect that is different... what is it doing?

Eventide's "GlitterVerb" here sounds incredible! Anybody have any ideas what is going on in this effect(s)?

Looking at the patch in VsigX, it is roughly :

Code:
In +->--------------+Pre-Delay -> Diffusor -> Reverb +-> Out
   |-> Pitch Shift -|--------------------------------|

Pitch shift seems to be +2400 cents.

Per the H8000FW docs (https://www.eventide.com/~/media/Files/Audio Support/H8000 Series/Everyone/142132_H8000_PM.ashx)

3019 Glitterous Verb
A shifted echo and your sound go through a reverb. Stereo in and out.

Last edited:
Thanks!

Are you able to see a break-down of what each effect is set at, other than the pitch? For example, what is the predelay and diffusor, so that it can be setup with the Axefx 2?

Really like the sound at the beginning of that clip! Sounds like something that can be recreated on the Axe fx. Although it will be hard to emulate it for 100%. Probably need to combine the Pitch block with the Multidelay (plex delay) and maybe the reverb. One day I hope to own an H8000.

The Solar Eclipse factory preset would be a good place to start.

Wow thats beautiful sounding hopefully some can figure out some way of emulating it with the Axe.

I didn't remember this until late last night. I try and see what I can do when I get home from work.

As always, Sean, I appreciate your insight.

Looking forward to learning just what exactly is going on with that +2 octave pitch! Something funky, and it sounds amazing! (if you listen to the beginning of the video again, it sounds like a rusty old swing, or something...) :)

As always, Sean, I appreciate your insight.

Looking forward to learning just what exactly is going on with that +2 octave pitch! Something funky, and it sounds amazing! (if you listen to the beginning of the video again, it sounds like a rusty old swing, or something...) :)
I sounds a bit like a pitched multi-delay where the delay time is moving. As the delay time shifts, it causes a change in pitch.

I have an h8000, I'll try and match the equivalent preset.

A little sidetrack: One of my students has an HD-something and has a pretty cool preset called "Toys in the Attic" or something. I never got a chance to look under the hood to see what was going on, but it sounded like some kind of ring modulated delay or reverb. If you get a chance, could you take a look at that one, too? I'll try and mock up an Axe patch and post it.

The H8000 preset is a bit different from that example (none the strange resonances) . Plus that pitch down thing at the end doesn't happen on it. BTW I found another video by this person that has this preset and it doesn't sound as strange as the example here.

I did come up with variation that does a pitch down when you let it ring out.

This is for the XL
View attachment Java Glimmerverb 17.syx

The H8000 preset is a bit different from that example (none the strange resonances) . Plus that pitch down thing at the end doesn't happen on it. BTW I found another video by this person that has this preset and it doesn't sound as strange as the example here.

I did come up with variation that does a pitch down when you let it ring out.

This is for the XL
View attachment 24220

Can you walk through the preset for us MkII folks?

Back
Top Bottom