Effect for sweet emotion intro

I sometimes fool around in a pause with a preset similar to this effect. 1. Preset multiple scenes with pedal control. 2 Preset with Envelope...

Attachments

• ALIBABA Pedal AA.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 8
  • ALIBABA Envelope AA.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 10
...I'm not very happy with the formant block (sounds too thin, and doesn't have anywhere near the required range of talk-box effect).
No formant filter can mimic the human vocal tract perfectly.

Fractal's Formant block is about as complex as you can humanly control with an expression pedal. It lets you sweep through three vowel sounds in a fixed arc. But the phrase "sweet emotion" contains five different sounds, and it moves through them in multiple ways. You'd need to have three feet to work three expression pedals (plus a fourth foot to stand on :)) to pull that off without a real talk box. And that's not counting the hard stops that your lips and tongue execute to make it sound like language.

I know this is an old thread, but... I now find myself having to do the Sweet Emotion thing, and I'm not very happy with the formant block (sounds too thin, and doesn't have anywhere near the required range of talk-box effect). Has anyone here done a recording using Moke's custom preset? I'd hate to buy it (unheard) only to realize that Moke also couldn't quite do it with his preset... If it's substantially better than mine, then I'll rush over to buy it.
You can't get it to replicate the words 'Sweet Emotion', but I set it up as shown in the audio clip on my site.

https://www.custompresets.com/store...ion'_-_For_Humbucker_Pickups_(Axe-Fx_ll).html

Back
Top Bottom