Effect Bypass Not Working

The effect bypass button seems to be unresponsive on my Ultra. The pitch block in one of my presets won't disengage. I have tried turning the unit on and off with no change. Other blocks turn off just fine. I have an envelope attached to the level and the bypass mode is set to mute fx in. It seems like the envelope is controlling the bypass on off s well as the level. The envelope is definitely only attached to the level. I actually got rid of the envelope control and it went away. This doesn't seem right at all. Is this a bug, or can I not bypass dynamic effects?

I've attached the patch. I completely forgot, but I actually had the same problem a while back with a delay block, but it disappeared. Here is the thread. Hopefully it will continue long enough this time to fix it.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=8897

BTW: Ultra FW 9.03 and I've been trying to bypass from the front panel of the AFX

Attachments

• Acoustic Crystals.syx
    2 KB · Views: 5
Auto-engage is enabled on the pitch level modifier--that's keeping the block engaged as long as your envelope level is over 5%.

Apologies. Brain fart on my part. Lot of gigs in a row, kids during the day, late night building presets. The perfect storm for retarded epiphanies. :oops: :oops: It was indeed the auto engage.

It's not the auto engage, but having attached a modifier at all. Try it with auto engage = off, same behaviour.

It's been discussed before. It seems strange and inconsistent to me, because switching the bypass state with global CCs does not interfere with the eff. bypass button.

Auto-engage was the only issue with that preset. Envelope was assigned to pitch block level. You might be thinking of what happens when an external is assigned to the actual bypass control of a block. Then the eff. byp. button will have no apparent effect after the controller is switched/moved but still "secretly" changes the state that will be saved for the block (only relevant if you have PC RST on).

Back
Top Bottom