Effect bypass independent from scene change

Vecordia

Hi guys. I've spent a good deal of time going through manuals, Wiki and old forum posts, but could not find the answer to what I am looking for. I thought I would open a new thread.

I have my Axe setup in a way that all my band sounds live in a single preset. I use scenes to change between them. I have a FC12, with all 6 switches on the lower row assigned to scenes, and the other 6 to the bypass status of a few selected blocks. One of these blocks is the pitch block.

Within the preset, the pitch block is located at the front, in virtual capo mode. I use it now and then, whenever I want to drop my guitar tuning.
The pitch block is bypassed by default in all scenes, as I normally do not use it, but when I do, changing scenes resets the block to bypass status, which means that I need to quickly go to the corresponding switch on the FC12 to activate it again.

My question is, how can I make the pitch block's bypass status independent from the scene selection, so it only responds to the assigned FC12 switch?

As I mentioned, I have been reading quite a bit of posts that seem to be close to what I am looking for, but none helped me in detail. I would imagine that what I need to do is to assign the bypass to a modifier, and then this modifier be the desired FC12 switch. However, when I go to Source I only can see external FC switches and pedals. None of the built in switches are shown.

Anyone could help me out?

Thanks so much in advance, guys!

Hi guys. I've spent a good deal of time going through manuals, Wiki and old forum posts, but could not find the answer to what I am looking for. I thought I would open a new thread.

I have my Axe setup in a way that all my band sounds live in a single preset. I use scenes to change between them. I have a FC12, with all 6 switches on the lower row assigned to scenes, and the other 6 to the bypass status of a few selected blocks. One of these blocks is the pitch block.

Within the preset, the pitch block is located at the front, in virtual capo mode. I use it now and then, whenever I want to drop my guitar tuning.
The pitch block is bypassed by default in all scenes, as I normally do not use it, but when I do, changing scenes resets the block to bypass status, which means that I need to quickly go to the corresponding switch on the FC12 to activate it again.

My question is, how can I make the pitch block's bypass status independent from the scene selection, so it only responds to the assigned FC12 switch?

As I mentioned, I have been reading quite a bit of posts that seem to be close to what I am looking for, but none helped me in detail. I would imagine that what I need to do is to assign the bypass to a modifier, and then this modifier be the desired FC12 switch. However, when I go to Source I only can see external FC switches and pedals. None of the built in switches are shown.

Anyone could help me out?

Thanks so much in advance, guys!
You could assign a control switch to the block's bypass....

yes, you want to use a Control Switch assigned to the Bypass control of the Pitch block. set the Scene Load state to Last in all Scenes and it should stay on.

at this time, you cannot have a block "ignore" scene changes otherwise. it's a wish that's been requested for a while.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply.

But how exactly do I assign a Control Switch to an FC12 button?

Also, where do you select the scene load state ?

Back
Top Bottom