EEprom thought!

markmusicman

Experienced
I just purchased a couple EEprom from Fractal. I have never had a failure but I figure why not be prepared for the small cost of this chip. Just thought I would throw this out there for others to consider just encase. Happy jammin man!

Bought two myself a coupla months ago. Haven't needed them yet, knock on wood, but better to be prepared. Have those and a brand new power supply in my rack drawer, just in case. :)

I just purchased a couple EEprom from Fractal. I have never had a failure but I figure why not be prepared for the small cost of this chip. Just thought I would throw this out there for others to consider just encase. Happy jammin man!

Just curious...does this EEprom hold the actual firmware that gets updated? If so, what firmware is on the ones you purchased, or are they blank?

what are the chances of one of these going bad on a 1st gen axe? I've never had any issues with my system even while using it for at lest 2-3 hours daily. sometimes 4-5 hours. Thoughts? :D

The Fractal website does not ship to Europe. G66's website doesn't stock these parts. How would I go about geting myself a spare EPROM in the UK?

From the XL page: "Built-in backup firmware allows recovery in the event of complications during update."

Does this feature in the XL negate the need for an EEPROM?

The Fractal website does not ship to Europe. G66's website doesn't stock these parts. How would I go about geting myself a spare EPROM in the UK?

Email support & see if they will give you the manufacturer's part number. It's probably an off the shelf item that you could buy from Farnell or the like.

Back
Top Bottom