Eeee-Clarkarena! Cab Pack 11 & 12 (?) CLIP

clip is pretty impressive, also the solo guitar track comes very close to what i'd think of when speaking of the perfect distorted guitar tone :D

As always, you delivered ck. now stop fucking around and make a mixing video with special dedications to me! Haha I kid

Haha! Well I was thinking about that mixing video and honestly.. every mix is a bit different. I could show you how I mix one song but my appoach could be completely different for another song. :)

Also you need good ears and you need to train them. A sentence I would be saying a lot that will annoy you is: "do this until it feels right". :) But that's what mixing is, trusting your ears. For that you need GOOD monitors.

Haha! Well I was thinking about that mixing video and honestly.. every mix is a bit different. I could show you how I mix one song but my appoach could be completely different for another song. :)

Also you need good ears and you need to train them. A sentence I would be saying a lot that will annoy you is: "do this until it feels right". :) But that's what mixing is, trusting your ears. For that you need GOOD monitors.

Very true on all accounts. I just enjoy seeing different perspectives to mixing. For me, the better sounding mixes where when I mixed around the vocals, drums, and bass (kick/bass). I've been learning that simple is better.

hey SuperFAS... can you tell me something about the drum track? I like it a lot too!

Sure. It's the Avatar kit in Superior Drummer with the Nir-Z snare. I did something different this time but I really like the sound also. I just used the top snare mic and muted the bottom mic and 1176 track. Then I kind of scooped the snare sound for more bottom and clarity. The kick is triggered with something that's named "Periphery Kick". I think it might be a sample I've cut from one of their songs. Anyways it was a bit too bright for the mix so I dropped the high end almost -5dB. Other than that it's actually almost completely unprocessed. Sure there are EQs and reverbs here and there. I always have a drum bus and it has a compressor on it to add punch.

Wow, that 5153 IR sounds like something I've been needing for a while, tried a lot of different 5150 cab IRs and none of them sound good to me, they all have too much of that "gainy" treble you mentioned. Looking forward to this :)

DAW all the way. I route everything out. I mostly mix snare and kick and others are just volume balanced accordingly.

Cool thanks for the info. I recently started doing this, I route everything to reaper. I avoided doing this since it used to intimidate me for some reason. I depended on crappy presets which would make the overall mix of a song sound like dog crap.

Who designed the "5153"? :)

I wondered if that might be who you were referring to, but then promptly thought of a handful of prominent artists who use the amp and realized that most artists these days have ditched the "I am always sinister and/or serious" persona. Thanks for clarifying ;)

Back
Top Bottom