AFIII Edwyn Collins - "A Girl Like You" (80s Style)

RockyKramer

I'm bored and in quarantine. I got an Axe-Fx III and a green screen and this is how I choose to spend my time, alright?!
I wanted to use the PI Fuzz (based on the Big Muff) for this one because the original guitar tone sounds kinda fuzzy to me, and I love how the PI Fuzz sounds. It's darker than my usual tone, but I get why the original pedal is considered a classic. For the Wah Wah, I'm using the Cry Babe/Cry Baby. I actually recorded this "live," just switching the fuzz on and off with the Wah Wah, motion activated. Oh and the song, yeah, it doesn't sound anything like the original. I guess you could say, you've never heard this song like this before.

Amp: Angle Severe 1. Cabinet: 4X12 Fractal V30 121 1 panned slightly left and BENGEL Rib160-2B panned slightly right.

I'm bored and in quarantine. I got an Axe-Fx III and a green screen and this is how I choose to spend my time, alright?!
I wanted to use the PI Fuzz (based on the Big Muff) for this one because the original guitar tone sounds kinda fuzzy to me, and I love how the PI Fuzz sounds. It's darker than my usual tone, but I get why the original pedal is considered a classic. For the Wah Wah, I'm using the Cry Babe/Cry Baby. I actually recorded this "live," just switching the fuzz on and off with the Wah Wah, motion activated. Oh and the song, yeah, it doesn't sound anything like the original. I guess you could say, you've never heard this song like this before.

Amp: Angle Severe 1. Cabinet: 4X12 Fractal V30 121 1 panned slightly left and BENGEL Rib160-2B panned slightly right.

Yo Rocky, couldn't help it I'm from Philly, lol. Always love watching your videos. Original, great playing, great video effects and production.

Yo Rocky, couldn't help it I'm from Philly, lol. Always love watching your videos. Original, great playing, great video effects and production.
Adriiaaaaan! I've never been to Philly, but I have to go sometime just to get some pictures and videos of me running up the Rocky Steps. Thanks for the kind words!

Adriiaaaaan! I've never been to Philly, but I have to go sometime just to get some pictures and videos of me running up the Rocky Steps. Thanks for the kind words!
Yeah, you could do that for a cover of Eye of the Tiger, LOL. Let me know if you are ever able to make it here and we could show you around. Where are you located now?

Why not just post the preset? just saying instead of typing a bunch

my collection is ( 2 ) Ernie ball BFR JP-16's , JP-15 BFR teal quilt, Majesty imperial blue, PRS DGT, Ibanez JS-2450 MCB, Kiesel Aries 7, Caparison TAT 2 dark Knight and a Charvel SD-24 and I use the Axe fx 3, FC-12 with 2 friedman ASC-12 power cabs.
Thank you for sharing as well. Im a big 80's guy but more like Ratt type metal

Because I like talking about guitars with people on the internet? Here you go!

Last edited:
my collection is ( 2 ) Ernie ball BFR JP-16's , JP-15 BFR teal quilt, Majesty imperial blue, PRS DGT, Ibanez JS-2450 MCB, Kiesel Aries 7, Caparison TAT @ dark Knight and a Charvel SD-24 and I use the Axe fx 3, FC-12 with 2 friedman ASC-12 power cabs.
Thank you for sharing as well. Im a big 80's guy but more like Ratt type metal
That's a very nice collection, I must admit.

Back
Top Bottom