Editing via front panel

It was great to have to learn the FP as an early pre- axeeditIII user, it is set up sweet..and getting better all the time.

Yeah, while I never had a huge problem with the II front panel, Axe-Edit was always preferable/simpler. Within the first couple minutes of trying out the III's front panel I liked it several order of magnitude more. I don't think I even installed Axe-Edit III for the first couple weeks because the panel was great and where I had it setup at the time it was always directly in front of me, so the vast majority of my patches were made right from the front panel. Honestly these days Axe-Edit mostly just sees use for Cab-Manage/Block Library functionality (once the Templates/Quick Build features are implemented in Axe-Edit III I'm sure they'll see more use too). Unlike with the II, I've frequently found the front panel on the III easier/quicker/more convenient even than grabbing the laptop and firing up Axe-Edit.

It is pretty great. My only qualm is that copying channels is a bit awkward, as far as I know you can only do it from the tools menu.. or maybe there's another shortcut I'm not aware of? Would be great to do it while editing the block.

Yes, editing on the front panel is a breeze.

I hope that a few commands will be added to the Tools menu at some time:

- unlink all Global blocks
- copy channel .. to all channels
- swap channels .. and ..
- swap scenes .. and ..

In the meantime Tools provides one command that Axe-Edit III currently doesn't: Copy Scene x to All Scenes. Very handy.

In the meantime Tools provides one command that Axe-Edit III currently doesn't: Copy Scene x to All Scenes. Very handy.

Thank you for the tip.

I haven't found how to rename a Scene via Front Panel. Is that possible?

Received mine yesterday. The new display is great, and yes editing on the front panel is a breeze. The rest is not bad neither :D

Back
Top Bottom