Editing still a go on the Ultra!

myersbw

Hey Folks! First post here (a lil familiar with midi, but getting reacquainted and acclimated to an Ultra I picked up on CL trade. So, thought I'd share my setup as I now know it works.

MacBook Pro (less than a year old), OSX 10.14.6 -> M-Audio FastTrack Pro interface... in Audio Midi setup, just routed a generic device and named it Fractal...left the default device settings. Used 'Axe-Edit_Setup_1_0_191' ...all is well on the editing, reading/writing patches and cabs from the AxeEdit app. Gleaned all here and other preset sites and ready to test tomorrow night.

Thanks for all the efforts of y'all! So far, I'm liking this Ultra Rack...the price was right!

Brad

Welcome! Things are a bit quiet around here these last few..... hmmm almost a decade! But seriously, this thing still rocks and will still rock in another 10 years! Congrats and hope you enjoy the ride.

Cheers,

Kirby

Hey Folks! First post here (a lil familiar with midi, but getting reacquainted and acclimated to an Ultra I picked up on CL trade. So, thought I'd share my setup as I now know it works.

MacBook Pro (less than a year old), OSX 10.14.6 -> M-Audio FastTrack Pro interface... in Audio Midi setup, just routed a generic device and named it Fractal...left the default device settings. Used 'Axe-Edit_Setup_1_0_191' ...all is well on the editing, reading/writing patches and cabs from the AxeEdit app. Gleaned all here and other preset sites and ready to test tomorrow night.

Thanks for all the efforts of y'all! So far, I'm liking this Ultra Rack...the price was right!

Brad
Welcome @myersbw !

Yes, the Ultra still kicks ass. Enjoy the ride!

Thanks, Rex! I have gleaned a ton in here! I've now loaded every preset I might find useable and then some. Last weekend, I sat down for a few hours and auditioned every single one of the 370+ presets loaded in. (I'd first set it to factory spec...then loaded in what I might think I'd use...then auditioned them.)

So, I've got this Nobels midi board that's only good for 128 presets. But, not a problem...I'll never use that many anyways! So, I went through and made notes during my audition process and will then migrate the desired ones to the 128 spots of accessibility from the Nobels pedal.

I also read about the iPad/midi adventure with this Ultra...I've got all the pieces, so now maybe it's time to do some more interesting control options. ? :O

Back
Top Bottom