Editing Sound VS Edited Sound

jakbur

Experienced
Is it just me or does the FM3 sound/respond better when in edit mode(called up parameter in front panel edit). When I exit edit mode(in preset mode), the same preset sound isn't as good and seems to have a slight bit more pick latency.
I am using FW 1.04!

The little audible “click” when entering/leaving Edit mode, creates the illusion that the sound changes, while it doesn’t.

There's currently another thread with someone reporting the FM3 sounds better when FM3-EDIT is running...

Possibly related?

Is it just me or does the FM3 sound/respond better when in edit mode(called up parameter in front panel edit). When I exit edit mode(in preset mode), the same preset sound isn't as good and seems to have a slight bit more pick latency.
I am using FW 1.04!
What if you restart it after exiting edit mode? That was a thing on the II.

Reamp both scenarios from the same source. Time align both tracks and flip the phase on one. If they are different they won't cancel out completely. If you end up with silence, they're identical and you're imagining it.

Reamp both scenarios from the same source. Time align both tracks and flip the phase on one. If they are different they won't cancel out completely. If you end up with silence, they're identical and you're imagining it.
Great idea but I wasn't looking to prove it to others but rather get some advice which worked for me.

You are right! A restart and my presets sound like the better version. Strange but works how I need it to work.
Yeah, sometimes the CPU used by the USB connection takes away from responsiveness. Used to happen on the II. I haven't unboxed my FM 3 yet to try it out :(. Blasphemy I know.

It's possible but I don't experience it with my AF3 thru the same studio monitor playing quiet.

The issue on the II I'm referencing wasn't about sound quality. It was lag / responsiveness. If you used axe edit and then quit it, it would lag a bit. Restarting the axe with axe edit off would fix it. That was SOP prior to all gigs for me.

Back
Top Bottom