Edited Light

Seano Fist

Hey Guys,
I know it is either user error, not understanding the manual, or just plain stupidity on my part, but why does the "Edited" light on the front panel of my Axe Fx III turn on each time I change scenes in a preset?
And likewise, the "Save" button highlights in Axe Edit when all I have done is simply selected a new scene within a preset?
Thanks for your help!

Because it’s no longer the same as the saved preset, it’s on a different scene.

I totally get that and maybe it is just my way of thinking, but when I use my Voes MC-10 to change scenes within the same preset the light comes on and it causes my OCD to kick in.

I guess in time I will just need to learn to get over it?

It is interesting (at least, to me) that the edit light comes on with scene changes from the face of the -III (or Axe Edit), but does not come on when I change scenes using the FCB1010.

I guess to me I see simply scene changes like preset changes. So changing presets doesn't cause the edit light to come on, but scene changes do. And coming from the AX8, which doesn't do this, makes it a tad "unexpected" to me.

I guess to me I see simply scene changes like preset changes. So changing presets doesn't cause the edit light to come on, but scene changes do. And coming from the AX8, which doesn't do this, makes it a tad "unexpected" to me.
There is a global setting for how default scene is saved when saving a preset. I wonder if leaving it at 1 would make this behavior different?

I would expect the edit light to come on only if something has changed which would affect the state of the preset if I saved it at that moment.

There is a global setting for how default scene is saved when saving a preset. I wonder if leaving it at 1 would make this behavior different?

I would expect the edit light to come on only if something has changed which would affect the state of the preset if I saved it at that moment.

The new "Default Scene" global....I love it :)
Makes sense that the edit light comes on, but kinda stange that the FCB1010 doesn't trigger the light as Greg H said.
I just tried on mine...confirmed.

Your OCD should be satisfied that when you change a scene, 'edited' it recognizes that this has happened and wants to know whether you want to start this preset on this scene next time.

You should be more surprised if it didn't notify you that things were different.

Although, I will allow that if you go back to your original (saved) scene, the 'edited' light should go away. That might be a nice addition.

I have the same question. A scene change is not a edit.

And when using the FC-12 the edited light does come on when I change scenes. Axe-FX II didn't have this behavior.

jbw

If you have the global setting for Default Scene set to the default behavior (which is to save the current scene as default) then this makes total sense.

The edited light indicates a change in the state. If you save the preset it will in fact beer different.

If you have the global setting for Default Scene set to the default behavior (which is to save the current scene as default) then this makes total sense.

The edited light indicates a change in the state. If you save the preset it will in fact beer different.

So - If I change the global setting so that scene 1 is default then then scene changes are not viewed as edits?

I typically always want scene 1 as default.

Beer? Always ;)

Thanks!

jbw

So - If I change the global setting so that scene 1 is default then then scene changes are not viewed as edits?

I typically always want scene 1 as default.

Thanks!

jbw
It's still an edit. It changes information that's stored in the preset.

I too have the same issue of the edit light coming on using the FC-12 controller. Used the FCB1010 via midi before that and it did not come on. Once the light comes on it does not go off even if I change presets. With FCB1010 if I went into my effects page and turned off or changed an effect the light would come on but as soon as I recall the scene from the scene page or load a different preset it would back off. This is what I expected to be the case with the FC-12. Not the case. Seems that Fractal needs to address this and fix.

Back
Top Bottom