Edit Switch screen causes Blank Screen

BrownNote71

Inspired
I have a problem where the screen blanks out when using Footswitches when on EDIT Layout/Switch Screen (on-device)

FM3 1.03, Stock FC Layouts loaded

For the sake of this example, let's assume I want to change the switches assigned to the Effects view of the PERFORM Layout (7) so that Switch 2 is assigned to Chorus 1 and Switch 3 is assigned to Delay 1. So for this I'll be headed into the Switch settings for a specific layout. However, my rough testing indicates this happens on any Edit Switch screen.

Settings > FC Controllers/Onboard Switches > Layouts
Enter a Layout. Enter PERFORM Layout (7)
Make sure you're on the Tap tab
Scroll down to 11 Tap
Hit Edit Switch or press Enter button

Press any switch and the main display will go blank. Rotating any of the knobs under the display will bring back different display components.

Last edited:
I have a problem where the screen blanks out when using Footswitches when on EDIT Layout/Switch Screen (on-device)

FM3 1.03, Stock FC Layouts loaded

For the sake of this example, let's assume I want to change the switches assigned to the Effects view of the PERFORM Layout (7) so that Switch 2 is assigned to Chorus 1 and Switch 3 is assigned to Delay 1. So for this I'll be headed into the Switch settings for a specific layout. However, my rough testing indicates this happens on any Edit Switch screen.

Settings > FC Controllers/Onboard Switches > Layouts
Enter a Layout. Enter PERFORM Layout (7)
Make sure you're on the Tap tab
Scroll down to 11 Tap
Hit Edit Switch or press Enter button

Press any switch and the main display will go blank. Rotating any of the knobs under the display will bring back different display components.
I'd prefer to work this out here so as not to clutter up the other thread, as this may require some back and forth.

I can't reproduce this but I do have some questions.

Do you have an FC and/or FM3-Edit connected when this happens?
What preset are you on?
How did you load the stock FC layouts?

Ok thank you!

I do not have an FC or FM-3 edit connected when this happens.
I loaded the stock layouts by resetting all system parameters on the device via Settings.
I can get this to happen on any preset, I just tested on factory 000, factory 005 and factory 008.

Steps to repro:

Turn on FM-3 with only Power cable connected
Switch to factory preset 000: 59 Bassguy
Hold switch 2 to get to Master Layout
Hold switch 3 twice to change to view to show PERFORM and UTILITIES layouts
Hit switch 1 to load PERFORM layout
Hold switch 3 to switch to FX view
At this point, my switches are set to 1: Drive1, Orange, bypassed; 2: Delay1, Blue, bypassed; 3: Reverb1, Pink, enabled.
Hold E knob to enter Setup menu
Select FC Controllers/Onboard Switches and press Knob A
Hit Page>> button twice to change to Layouts tab
Scroll down to Layout 7: PERFORM
Hit Enter to change to Tap page
Scroll down to 10 Tap and hit Enter
Hit Switch 1 (Drive1) and the screen will go blank

Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom