edit problem

My fm 3 edit does not work correctly after update. I am on widows 10 pc. An hourglass shape appears on screen and a pop up appears saying " reading block definition-this occurs when saved definitions do not match those in the connected devise" what does that mean and how can I fix this?

After a FM3 Firmware update (you'll generally also need to update the editor as part of the process), FM3 Edit will need to rescan the unit to review changes that may have been made to the block definitions. "Blocks" are amp / cabs, effects, and so on, and the editor will also scan all of your presets. This usually just takes a minute or so. You don't need to do anything while it's happening. Just let it complete the scanning process and then the editor will return to its normal functionality.

By the way, this occurs with all Fractal units after a Firmware update. It's normal, and ensures that the editor is in sync with any "under the hood" changes in the Firmware.

My fm 3 edit does not work correctly after update. I am on widows 10 pc. An hourglass shape appears on screen and a pop up appears saying " reading block definition-this occurs when saved definitions do not match those in the connected devise" what does that mean and how can I fix this?
This is standard after update. Wait a minute or so. It’s synchronizing edit and hardware.

If this is happening every time you boot the Editor then:
1. In the Editor menu open Settings - Preferences.
2. Select Options
3. Uncheck "Read the Preset names at startup".
4. Uncheck "Read the User Cab names at startup".
FM3 edit will still do the refresh after firmware updates (or may need to be done manually).
Hopefully FM3 edit has the same settings as Axe III or this may not help.
Good Luck

If this is happening every time you boot the Editor then:
1. In the Editor menu open Settings - Preferences.
2. Select Options
3. Uncheck "Read the Preset names at startup".
4. Uncheck "Read the User Cab names at startup".
FM3 edit will still do the refresh after firmware updates (or may need to be done manually).
Hopefully FM3 edit has the same settings as Axe III or this may not help.
Good Luck
20221218_091648.jpg

Back
Top Bottom