Not a Bug Edit over MIDI much slower than USB

fractalz

Power User
Axe-Edit III running through a MIDI interface is so slow as to be unusable for me. I've tried two different MIDI interfaces. It takes forever to load the Amp UI and changes made to the knobs seem to never make it over to the hardware. After a few edits, the MIDI light on the Axe is flashing constantly and the Edit UI no longer keeps up.

Plugging in directly via USB is much better.

Is anyone having success using Axe Edit III over MIDI cables?

Why would you want to use MIDI?

I have a bunch of gear that uses MIDI and not enough USB infrastructure to let them all have their own USB input. 3 Axe-FXs, 2 Bricasti, TD-30 Drums, Keyboards, etc, etc, etc.

I figured an 8-port MIDI interface would let me address them all from my DAW keep the MIDI streams separate.

The data transfer rate of the MIDI protocol was established in 1983 at a whopping 31.25 kilobits per second. The Internet was still ARPANET. Blazing fast 2400 baud modem were still a year away.

Buy a USB hub or two.

Reactions: Rex
The data transfer rate of the MIDI protocol was established in 1983 at a whopping 31.25 kilobits per second. The Internet was still ARPANET. Blazing fast 2400 baud modem were still a year away.

Buy a USB hub or two.
Good times. It was freaking awesome to be able to exchange messages with people on the other side of the planet, a decade and a half before the rest of the world discovered it. Even with a 1200 baud dial-up, I was still king of the hill. :)

Back
Top Bottom