Bug? Edit modifier controllers...ie..LFO 1A, 2A, 1B, 2B ..etc not function

May be a corrupt preset. All the modifiers (LFO A,B..etc) portray the same characteristics (speed). Yet seems to do the same on other presets but some normal. Tried re-installing firmware but the same outcome.

Edit:
Seems isolated to just the LFO modifiers. I confirm it's happening to all presets.

Last edited:
This patch is my main working preset for "Dead or Alive" by Bon Jovi (alternate):
The synth block 2 with the modifier attached to the filter is the issue. The modifier is too fast to simulate "wind". The modifiers don't respond to their corresponding mode.

This old working patch (Wind correct) however, when I upload it, all the LFO modifiers seem to work accordingly.

If it's my settings....I can't figure out what it is. I've also tried copying the synth block 2 on the working preset and paste to my main patch but the LFO modifiers go back to a set speed and can't be changed.

Thanks for looking btw!

Attachments

• Acoustic-Dead or Alive-Ron's alternate.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Acoustic-Dead or Alive Wind correct.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 7
Nope. Deleting several heavy cpu blocks did not solve the issue. Also it is affecting all presets.

What's odd is again...when I import the older saved preset....the LFOs all work as they should.

Looks like a bug?

Okay....here's list of things I've tried:

1. reloaded firmware Q2.00 couple times. Same issues

2. reloaded fw1.06b and Axe-Edit 3.5.0. Same issues.

3. Reset system on the AxeII. Same issues.

Here's a video of the problem. Running now Q2.00 and latest Axe-Edit 3.5.1

The Preset 80 "Dead or alive" patch has a Synth "wind" block. An LFO 1A is attached to the filter parameter. I notice if I load Preset 92 Synth Lead patch then go to preset 80 then the LFO modifiers will respond correctly. But if I go up to the next preset which is 81 "12 String" then back down to preset 80,..... the LFO modifiers are back to non-responsive. It is at a fixed rate and stays at that rate even if I change the LFO types.

In the video I go back again a load preset 92 Synth Lead patch and I see that the synth block and the LFO modifiers are ok. Then and again I go back to preset 80 "Dead or alive" and again we find that the LFO modifiers are responsive. I go back up to preset 81 "12 string" and back down to 80 and we see they are unresponsive again. Also when saving the preset,....several parameters are either "off" or too high and some scenes where I have the Synth block bypassed are on when the patch is recalled or reloaded.

:(

Maybe try starting from scratch with a blank preset and see if you can recreate the issue. Something in one of those presets might be hosed.

Did you check LFO DEPTH? Is there a modifier on LFO RUN?

LFO1 depth is 100%

No modifier on LFO RUN.

The saved LFO1 Rate is .105 but when recalled jumps to either .371 or 1.000 ......depending....

Coming from preset 92 then to preset 80, the LFO Rate is .371

Going up to preset 81 (12 String), then back down to preset 80 the LFO Rate is 1.00

I think you've exceeded the preset size limit. This seems to affect Control menu items before anything else. Another recent example:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/scene-controller-settings-not-saved-properly.109649/

It seems you are correct. I've deleted my Amp2 and Cab2 block as well as Rev2 and saved. I added back Amp2 and Cab2 making sure to use Norm Res. I left out Rev2. I copied the setting from the old Amp2 and Cab2 blocks and pasted.

All seems fine now. I exported the preset to save and call up as reference when comparing. Yup...I imported the old preset and all the issues were still there. Call up the new saved preset and all good.

So it seems heavy cpu laden presets can cause all these modifier and scenes issues, despite the cpu data showing 85%, 88% or just over 90%.

I'd guess it's not related to CPU, just how many parameters are in the preset. If you open it with something like SendSX and it doesn't end with a few 00 bytes, it's likely that some parameters aren't being saved. You may want to check presets in this way once you're in the ballpark of that many blocks/parameters.

I'd guess it's not related to CPU, just how many parameters are in the preset. If you open it with something like SendSX and it doesn't end with a few 00 bytes, it's likely that some parameters aren't being saved. You may want to check presets in this way once you're in the ballpark of that many blocks/parameters.

First time experiencing this.
ugh...

yeah in a hex editor, the alternate version of the preset file doesn't have any empty bytes left in it, while the correct version still has a few. There's a lot of stuff going on in those presets. Lots of modifiers and such, so there's a lot of extra parameters saved in the preset files. There's also a lot of shunts. Although they take up very little CPU, all those connections take up parameter space in the preset. Sometimes you can just reorganize and streamline the layout of the preset and get back under the limit.

Another handy trick is to hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (not sure of the Mac equivalent) and click the export button in Axe Edit to export the current preset to a CSV text file then use something like Excel to check the saved parameters quickly in one place. It doesn't show layout or routing info, but it's really handy for comparing the parameters of two presets to see what is different.

Thanks all ....for reminding me about preset layouts. Careful and clever organization of blocks and limiting use of shunts is vital in large parameter & cpu presets.

Back
Top Bottom