Wish EDIT Button Cycle Order setting

BrownNote71

Inspired
Hello,
I'd like the ability to switch the on-device EDIT button behavior for repeated taps to step through all blocks in a left-to-right, top-to-bottom order as an alternative to the existing top-to-bottom, left-to-right order.
  • This alternative order more closely maps to how blocks are laid onto the grid.
  • This would improve the usability of the button for me by being more predictable as to where the next tap will take me. I know my pedal order, so I've essentially got my block layout for any preset memorized, but that memorization goes left-to-right and top-to-bottom like the effects chain order. For example, if my preset is IN1-WAH-CMP-DRV1-DRV2-OUT2 on row one, and IN2-DLY-FLG-CHO-up.to.row.one.OUT2 on row two, when I'm in the Edit screen for WAH I would know it's going to be three taps to get to DRV2. With the existing order, I have to change my thinking of the effects chain to be able to predict how many taps it will take me (roughly) to get to the blocks I want to edit.
  • For some presets and destinations, the existing order results in more taps to get to the blocks I'm most often interested in editing. Referring to the previous example, with the existing order, I need to press Edit six taps to get to DRV2 from WAH, as opposed to three taps.
  • Because of the current order, I find myself more often going to the Layout view, moving to the block I want to edit, and then hitting the Edit button, which is almost always more button presses.
  • I often overshoot the block I want to edit if I'm tapping the EDIT button quickly. I believe this would happen less often with the left-to-right order.
Thanks for your consideration and if this capability already exists, I apologize.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom