Edge of Breakup Presets - Lone Star & More

Lots of talk about the TX Star models in the last week, so i got inspired to share my patch. Preset is linked in the video description.

Thanks Leon! Been watching the studio diary videos. Those are very, very interesting. Anxiously waiting on the new Ragdoll album!

Thanks Leon! Been watching the studio diary videos. Those are very, very interesting. Anxiously waiting on the new Ragdoll album!

That's good to know, I'll have a few more up once I track some more guitars :D

Sounds great as always Leon!

The 4-knob tube driver in front of the tx star clean is currently my favorite amp/drive combo. If you want to try another variation give it a shot. The tricky part is the controls on the 4 knob are not very intuitive, the tone knob needs to stay centered and the hi and low are the actual controls. EJ reportedly turns them all the way off. I've got them almost all the way off and sounds really great.

Sounds great as always Leon!

The 4-knob tube driver in front of the tx star clean is currently my favorite amp/drive combo. If you want to try another variation give it a shot. The tricky part is the controls on the 4 knob are not very intuitive, the tone knob needs to stay centered and the hi and low are the actual controls. EJ reportedly turns them all the way off. I've got them almost all the way off and sounds really great.

I can't wait to try this!

Leon,
Love these...some of the cleans and the slightly grainy sounds remind me of my Mark IIc+ I just got home after 3 weeks and can't wait to try them out along with your synth presets.
Thanks as always for sharing your work!

Lots of talk about the TX Star models in the last week, so I got inspired to share my patch. Preset is linked in the video description. UPDATE; I did another video with a few more presets in a similar vein, see below :)

Thanks so much Leon! I took some time last night to really explore this preset - and it's outstanding with a LP guitar. The rich cleans with an edge are spot on for what I like to play - and the lead side of the preset sounds great as well. Just an outstanding preset all around! I really only use 2 presets for live work - this one has edged out 1 of those. Thanks again!!

Finally something more in my wheelhouse. Sounds great all around.

I need to dial up a TX Star Clean preset. Haven't played with that model in a while.

In the last 6-8 months I've discovered that I really prefer dialing in the Amp block to be a little dull and lifeless, and then jam an always-on boost in front (SDD, FAS, MicroAmp, RCB, FET) to both push the amp and pre-EQ. Works great.

I also oddly enough wound up with the same settings as Timmons uses on a dual delay block.

Been using the Cameron CCV 1A and more recently really loving the Bludojai Clean. All of this was on the Axe Fx II and now the Axe Fx III.

Give those a whirl!

At 6:23 on the "Edge of Break-up Tones"; what is the song you are playing? Sounds cool.

p.s.- I've had the AX8 since Christmas and I have learned so much about this machine watching your videos. Thanks!

At 6:23 on the "Edge of Break-up Tones"; what is the song you are playing? Sounds cool.

p.s.- I've had the AX8 since Christmas and I have learned so much about this machine watching your videos. Thanks!

That's just a little jam I've been playing with for ages, very much in the vein of "Burn For You" by John Farnham or some of Sting's solo work. Stoked to hear the vids have been handy :D

Back
Top Bottom