Ed Sheeran - castle on the hill - rock guitar cover

I was listening to this song the other day. It's a nice song.
The vocals get lost in your recording during the chorus and there's a massive hiss which I think is probably from a compressor on the overhead channel of the drums?

How did you do the moving camera by the way?

I was listening to this song the other day. It's a nice song.
The vocals get lost in your recording during the chorus and there's a massive hiss which I think is probably from a compressor on the overhead channel of the drums?

How did you do the moving camera by the way?

Hey,

Thanks, yeah it's a shame about the vocals but I had to but them that low in the mix and pitch shift the entire thing down just to stop the video being blocked by YouTube...otherwise the mix would have been much better.

As for the hiss, I'm not too sure...

The moving camera shots were simply done manually by moving camera by hand... A very steady hand haha

Thanks for the comments!

Justin

Nicely done!

Do you manually program your drums that way and with that much accuracy? If so, did it take you quite a while to be able to do that and do you recommend the drum controller that you are using?

Nicely done!

Do you manually program your drums that way and with that much accuracy? If so, did it take you quite a while to be able to do that and do you recommend the drum controller that you are using?

Thanks Johnny!

More than half of the programmed drums I use in my mixes are played in manually using the trigger pad and the rest is written in the piano roll in Logic using the mouse and keyboard.

I try to do as much as possible using the pad even if it means playing in individual kit pieces because it keeps the whole process creative and inspiring rather than just clicking a mouse.

I would definitely recommend a trigger pad for drum programming!

Hope that helps!

Justin

Back
Top Bottom