Ecstasy + plexi tonestack = perfect

ptgold

Inspired
Just putting this out there. I really didnt like the Euro model that much before (too soft, compressed). Now this is tonal bliss

This is something I'd like to see more of- "custom" amps that users build and share.

I've been screwing around with taking the Friedman BE, turning off the Damping and moving the MV to pre-triode. I end up with a sound that I like really well as compared to the original. Its less fizzy/sizzly, more "forward" or vocal, but it doesn't take boosts very well.

I know this has been asked to death but just once more for clarity sake. When you use the tone stack from another amp it maintains the gain structure of the original correct? What if an difference do you notice?

I ask because a feature I would love to see is the ability to run 1 amps pre section into the power section of another like what James did on puppets running his MKIIC+ into the power section of a JCM800 (atleast that's what I've read they did). I am thinking I could come kinda close to this swapping tone stacks but I am not sure.

I have been having very good tonal success by changing the *frequency center* of the tonestacks - I tend to raise the frequency rather than lower it...

I know this has been asked to death but just once more for clarity sake. When you use the tone stack from another amp it maintains the gain structure of the original correct? What if an difference do you notice?

I ask because a feature I would love to see is the ability to run 1 amps pre section into the power section of another like what James did on puppets running his MKIIC+ into the power section of a JCM800 (atleast that's what I've read they did). I am thinking I could come kinda close to this swapping tone stacks but I am not sure.

In the case of the Ecstasy with Plexi tonestack, I notice a slight jump in volume with more clarity and harmonics on top. the feel is also a tad quicker......this is all IMO of course. For me its great because it maintains everything I love about the Bogner (thick, chewy overdrive with sustain) except now it feels more open and touch sensitive.

However, when youre experimenting with this youll notice that many tonestacks are not good matches for certain amps. Youll notice this quickly because of thehuge volume drop.

I am a BIG FAN of Bogner Blue with a Plexi Tonestack and dialing int he gain via Drive attached to expression pedal. It is a great sound, not too saturated and open on all the notes...

Cool...I'm gonna try this. Ive really tried to like the ecsatcy but for some reason I could not dial it in to my taste.

I know this has been asked to death but just once more for clarity sake. When you use the tone stack from another amp it maintains the gain structure of the original correct?
Still the same answer: "correct." :)

Back
Top Bottom