Eclectic Christmas - Lawrence Petross (Groovenut)

groovenut

Power User
Hello all!

My Christmas album, Eclectic Christmas, was just released. It's mainly an acoustic album, however several of the tracks feature the AxeFx so I thought I would post here. The two main songs featuring AxeFx are Track 4 O Holy Night for the leads, and Track 10 Shchedryk which is completely AxeFx. There are preview listens available at both links and a few tracks up on SoundCloud as well. Give them a listen and let me know what you think!

CDBaby
iTunes
SoundCloud

Thanks for listening!

Lawrence

Last edited:
I got a chance to listen to a preview copy of this album and it's fantastic. As Lawrence mentions, it's mostly acoustic, but that doesn't take the energy level down - it's very inspired. It will be in my Christmas playlist and is perfect for either enjoying directly or for background music at Christmas parties. I love the first track (God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen) with its killer counterpoint line - it's a fresh take I haven't heard before. He also expands the main melodies with lots of harmonies to keep things interesting. Lawrence has a great wide mix going on the tracks allowing you to hear the different guitar parts. He pays things off at the end on Shchedryk where things get heavy along the lines of a Trans-Siberian Orchestra, but heavier and more dense - it's awesome. Those on the forum know Lawrence as a great player, amp builder, and tone chaser and he puts all of those skills to work on this release. Support a brother and pick it up!

Eclectic Christmas Promo Video and Soundcloud Track

Thanks Scott! I cant wait to hear what you think of it!

Whilst I'm waiting to hear from Scott, I thought I would post a promo clip and track from the album. Twenty seconds of each track. The rocker is at the end! (about 2:49)

[soundcloud]http://snd.sc/1eioqex[/soundcloud]

I dig it all.

Christmas music is a really hard genre to do something original with; but these are versions and songs that I can listen to without wincing (a lot of stuff out there my wife plays during the holiday season is just... awful).

Very tasteful stuff throughout and Law has a killer touch on the guitar. Great stuff. Buy it and stick it in your wife's IPod (like I did) and when she hits her playlist for Christmas you will hear... every now and then... you'll hear something worth listening to. ;)

Hey all! I just wanted to let everyone know that my CD, Eclectic Christmas will be 20% off all day Friday at CDBaby.com Eclectic Christmas

Swing by and get yourself a copy. It also makes a great Christmas gift!

Thanks,

Back
Top Bottom