Wish Echo the Pedal1/Pedal2 MIDI CC position to the MIDI USB and to the MIDI Output

Piing

Axe-Master
I always record a dry guitar for reamping, and on these occasions when I use the WahWah or other feature using the External Expression Pedals I cannot recreate the pedal movement when reamping.

Would it be possible to use the MIDI block to send the MIDI CC Values of the Pedal position? That translation from 0-100% potentiometer position to 0-127 MIDI CC must already be happening internally at the Axe-FX, it would only had to be sent outside. Then at the DAW we set one MIDI track for recording the expression

Last edited:
I've found a workaround, thanks to a tip from Vguitar Forums

The Boss SY-1000 already has this feature. The external controllers (or any pedal switch, GK volume, GK Switches, etc) can be assigned to send CC# though both the MIDI USB and the MIDI Output.

I have two Roland EV-5 expression pedals, one was connected to the Axe-FX III and the other to the SY-1000. Now I have connected both to the SY-1000, and I can control both devices simultaneously from there. And also record the MIDI CC at the DAW.

That will also be practical on a live situation, because the SY-1000 will be my foot controller and I will connect the two exp pedals to the SY at the floor, not running a long cable to the Axe-FX rack

Mission acomplished. But it would be nice if this feature could be implemented at the Axe-FX, for those who want to record the Expression CC from the Axe-FX without external paraphernalia, or want to control a second device that doesn't has this feature.

Last edited:
I put my Boss SY-1000 back in the box a while ago, because so far I am well served with the Axe-FX III. But now I am going to record at the DAW using the Expression Pedal- and I will need to reamp :cry:

Just to make sure I'm clear on what we currently can't do:

So if I want to use an exp pedal connected to my FC12 to control say, an H9, that's not currently possible?

But it IS possible to use the fc12 control switches to change presets bypass functions on an H9?

Just to make sure I'm clear on what we currently can't do:

So if I want to use an exp pedal connected to my FC12 to control say, an H9, that's not currently possible?

But it IS possible to use the fc12 control switches to change presets bypass functions on an H9?
Yes.

Back
Top Bottom