Echo FC to midi out

edo

Power User
Vendor
I've been trying to record both processed audio, DI and FC midi events into logic for reamping keeping the midi performance (scene change, expression pedal etc) with no luck - apparently because it can't be done at the moment, as the AF3 is not able to echo the FC input to midi out. Is that correct? In that case, that would be a super useful function, besides for reamping without re-doing the wah / whammy on a prerecorded track, it would also be helpful to record a midi preset / scene change track in a sequence while playing..

He means to have what the FC is doing mapped to MIDI and sent out AF3. So if I hit a switch on the FC to change amp1 to channel B, that event is echoed out.
I think mostly he just means the ability to send MIDI commands at the same time as other footswitch actions are happening. Changing Amp1 to Channel B has no meaning outside of the Axe-Fx.

Yeah, something like that. Mostly, if I record a track while rocking the wah via expression pedal, I'd like to be able to record that action in a midi track, so that after recording, if I want to reamp the track, the wah automation is already there, from the original performance. Scene change would be a bonus (for the same reason), but I could live without that.

I think mostly he just means the ability to send MIDI commands at the same time as other footswitch actions are happening. Changing Amp1 to Channel B has no meaning outside of the Axe-Fx.
Maybe, not 100% sure... but changing Amp1 to Channel B would have meaning outside the AF3. Here is what I was thinking:

If you want to automate the AF3 via DAW by means of sending it MIDI commands. You would first have to map those commands out accordingly via the MIDI/Remote menu (ie, Amp 1 Bypass, Amp 1 channel, etc..). Once completed, the idea would be that when the state of a block changes, the corresponding mapped MIDI event would also be sent out of the AF3 to be picked up by a DAW or something. I would kind of view this as a re-amping sort of feature as you probably only want it on at certain times and to avoid any MIDI loops.

Then it would be independent of which controller you are using also. Or still work if you wanted to run your changes via Axe Edit or Front panel, etc...

I posted in the other thread regarding how @AlGrenadine FracPad software is able to see anytime you make a change on the AF3 either via FC, Axe-Edit, Front Panel, etc.... So essentially something to bridge that gap. So when an event registers, it would be mapped to MIDI and sent back out AF3 for recording automation.

Reactions: Rex
FracPad is able to because it polls every few ms what's going on...
That's the fail of the axefx3 protocol imho...

Reactions: Rex
Maybe, not 100% sure... but changing Amp1 to Channel B would have meaning outside the AF3. Here is what I was thinking:

If you want to automate the AF3 via DAW by means of sending it MIDI commands. You would first have to map those commands out accordingly via the MIDI/Remote menu (ie, Amp 1 Bypass, Amp 1 channel, etc..). Once completed, the idea would be that when the state of a block changes, the corresponding mapped MIDI event would also be sent out of the AF3 to be picked up by a DAW or something. I would kind of view this as a re-amping sort of feature as you probably only want it on at certain times and to avoid any MIDI loops.

Then it would be independent of which controller you are using also. Or still work if you wanted to run your changes via Axe Edit or Front panel, etc...

I posted in the other thread regarding how @AlGrenadine FracPad software is able to see anytime you make a change on the AF3 either via FC, Axe-Edit, Front Panel, etc.... So essentially something to bridge that gap. So when an event registers, it would be mapped to MIDI and sent back out AF3 for recording automation.
Good points. Actually, we can fudge most of that now. You can have the Axe send MIDI commands on Scene changes that could be associated with channel changes. And you can have Control Switches send a suite of MIDI messages. What we don't have is a way to send a continuous stream of MIDI messages when you sweep an expression pedal.

Back
Top Bottom