Ebow tip for the axe-fx

javajunkie

One thing I dislike about the ebow, is the fact that most often you have to turn the volume and tone controls way down to get the classic ebow sound. If you have to play other parts this can cause difficulties going back and forth, especially for quick changes.

I decided to do the volume and tone reduction on the Axe-fx. A low pass filter is all that is needed. Just set freq. and level down until it is what you are looking for. It has worked really well for me.

That's a great idea! I haven't used an ebow in a long time for that reason. I just found it in a box last week actually and was thinking that I needed to pull it back out and work with it. I'll definately give this a shot.

Thanks!
D

Thanks Java!
I play a lot with an Ebow and have used a Boss EQ on my board until now. Now I have my Ultra do this job..

cheers

I used to use the ebow a lot. Still have it in my 'bag of tricks'. Great idea!

The one thing that we can't overcome though is... where to put the stupid thing mid song.

-rob

orangenoise said:
I used to use the ebow a lot. Still have it in my 'bag of tricks'. Great idea!

The one thing that we can't overcome though is... where to put the stupid thing mid song.

-rob

No kidding. I was thinking about velcro on the strap?

Hehe, everyone seems to have this problem, I just place it by my rack or by the AllAccess. Just need to plan it a little and know exactly when to bend over so that you'll make it back =)

I actually got into the habit of throwing it on my piled up coat/sweatshirt hidden from view. It has a big crack down the middle now from the couple of misses. :lol:

-rob

Ross Childress (Collective Soul) would have the EBow dangling by a string from a mic stand or something similar.

Hmm, why not try a key reel, clipped to the guitar strap?

HD_BlkChrm_Key_Reel_w_Splt_Ring__Chn_Crd_2120-3325.jpg

Bakerman said:
Ross Childress (Collective Soul) would have the EBow dangling by a string from a mic stand or something similar.

Yep, this is what I do when I plan on using it. I think I got the idea from Stillwell though...

You want the input volume to be lower because an ebow signal is way louder than other signals, and you don't necessarily want to distort your tone. Also you want less treble in the signal, as ebow sounds are often very bright. Lowering the tone setting and volume setting on the guitar makes it sound beautiful and organic.

Back
Top Bottom