EBOW how to create a patch to simulate this effect

scottp

Fractal Fanatic
So I have a lead line where I need the single notes to ring out long, similar to using an EBOW.
I am using a BEv1 for the amp and it has a fair amount of gain to start with.

How can I create this effect?
Thank you.

Just buy an Ebow.
Sweetwater has them on a 3 payment plan.
$33.33 x 3 payments.

Yek made an Ebow preset a few years back and Simeon made a feedback preset around the same time.
Do a search.
Nothing will sound like an Ebow or a sustainer pickup.

In addition to endless sustain, the E-Bow also adds a harmonic variant to the fundamental note, giving it it's signature sound. A skilled E-Bow player can evoke some very interesting music with it. I used an E-Bow on several songs on the Supernal Endgame album Touch The Sky Volume II (it can be found at 10T Records). The E-Bow adds a very ethereal quality to the music. It is not an expensive device, and really not all that difficult to use. As was suggested, you should just bite the bullet and get one.

As was suggested, you should just bite the bullet and get one.
I agree.

I wasted a lot of time trying to recreate the same effect, but you really can't get close - the EBOW has its own thing going on and what it does cannot be replicated with effects, IMO.

Once you have it you will find ways of incorporating it more into your music, so it's a worthwhile purchase.

Update...

From the links provided (Thanks Guys!) I was able to find this patch.
Feedback Simulator v9.syx.
I tried using Fractool to convert it for the AX8 but it didn't come out right.
So I manually created the patch removing one cab.

The result was very satisfying! I used it live today and it was just what I was looking for!!
I was playing higher notes so I changed the pitch from 19 down to 7.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Feedback Simulator v9.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 98
Back
Top Bottom