EBMM Majesty Stereo Question

MaxTaylorGrant

Inspired
Hey guys, long time no post!

Looking for a bit of advice. Recently purchased an EBMM Majesty 7 string and need advice in regards to the stereo jack it has. Obviously I'd like to run it in stereo and process the magnetic pickups and the piezo separately, but I'm not sure how to best go about this. I kinda figure a Y lead would be the best option, but I don't know if the any input of the Axe would take a TRS lead as stereo?

Currently running an Axe Fx II Mark I

Any help is more than appreciated, thank in advance guys, it's great to be back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Y lead. Mags in the front. Piezo round the back into input 1 right. Set input 1 to stereo in the global i/o. Use a volume block at the beginning of the patch layout to select input right or left, so you can choose which input you want to process. Use two rows and two volume blocks to process both inputs independently.

I have this to, works like a charme!
I downloaded a handful of guitar samples with good samplerate.
I have Tonematched that.
Only downside are the b and e strings, they sound a bit thin with 009 strings. ( i play a luke2 with an x-bridge and circuitboard like a Godin Solidac )
That is only when you play single notes.
But me too lazy for thicker ones [emoji4]

Last edited:
Is it possible to send each input to a separate amp? Example, I want to send the piezo direct to the PA and the magnetics to my power amp. At the same time I do not want to hear the piezo through my power amp and vise versa.

yes. use the fxl block last in the chain to send that chain to output 2. i don't know which way round you want to run it (electric to out 1 or out 2), but you'll have the mags and the piezo coming out of different outputs, which you can then send to different locations

Y lead. Mags in the front. Piezo round the back into input 1 right. Set input 1 to stereo in the global i/o. Use a volume block at the beginning of the patch layout to select input right or left, so you can choose which input you want to process. Use two rows and two volume blocks to process both inputs independently.

Thank you Simeon!

yes. use the fxl block last in the chain to send that chain to output 2. i don't know which way round you want to run it (electric to out 1 or out 2), but you'll have the mags and the piezo coming out of different outputs, which you can then send to different locations

awesome!! thank you!!!

is this your first JP EBMM? I have a BFR-7 and I'm intrigued about the Majesty. I'm wondering how it compares...

is this your first JP EBMM? I have a BFR-7 and I'm intrigued about the Majesty. I'm wondering how it compares...

It's my first time owning an EBMM, but I've had the pleasure of playing just about every other JP out there.

I think if I'd just have picked up the Majesty first I wouldn't have understood the changes or appreciated any of the design features but now, having an appreciation for why everything on this guitar is the way it is, I absolutely love it. Easily the best guitar I've ever played, and that's saying a lot.

Same set up here but with a JP7 same stereo lead as a Simeon described.... I bought my cable through Bestronics. When not using the piezo in a preset I still run thinputs stereo. Mags get routed to AMPS and the Piezo acts like a Kill Switch\MUTE. Chris has a video with all the ups and downs!

Back
Top Bottom