EBMM Cutlass vs PRS Fiore vs Fender Strat vs ?

I see that now. But I would venture to bet they are the same ones you can get on amazon for 15 bucks or so. The S1 is something waaaay more complicated and powerful. It is a push push. Its kinda like having a whole other 5 sounds available if wired correctly. My Elite strat had it, but ive replaced the entire guard with a duncan everything axe guard and didnt move the s1 over. The new Ultra's seem to only use it for a neck tap. According to F, the S1 on the elite pushed in does this
  • Position one: all three pickups wired in series
  • Position two: bridge and middle pickups wired in series
  • Position three: middle and neck pickups wired in series
  • Position four: bridge and neck pickups wired out of phase, with a special tone capacitor
  • Position five: bridge and middle pickups wired in series and out of phase, in parallel with neck pickup
Yeah I'm not that interested in Fender's wiring, just the switch, for my own deviant purposes. I've heard strat pickups in series, too loud and muddy for me relative to single pickups or parallel. Also, if I'm right that it needs a deeper cavity than normal, I'm not going to do that to my EJ.

Re reliability, I haven't heard a lot of complaints about the Fender S1 in that regard, and it's push push, 4pdt if I remember right. Might be kind of deep though maybe.

I like the S1 switches but you have to use their knobs. Looks ok on a Strat though. Yes they’re 4PDT. Handy for doing oddball switching if that’s what you need, especially paired with a superswitch.

Yeah I'm not that interested in Fender's wiring, just the switch, for my own deviant purposes. I've heard strat pickups in series, too loud and muddy for me relative to single pickups or parallel. Also, if I'm right that it needs a deeper cavity than normal, I'm not going to do that to my EJ.
its not worth it. Im not a particular fan of the n4 single coils that came with it either. I found i could never remember the S1 side either so i just never used it.

its not worth it. Im not a particular fan of the n4 single coils that came with it either. I found i could never remember the S1 side either so i just never used it.
Agree about pickups, I haven't really like any of the Fender noiseless PUs I've heard.

But I'm not thinking only strat, it's just a useful switch.

The idea of putting the middle sc and one outer sc in series is to cause a humbucker effect. And that's what it sounds like to me. With that in mind it is gets useful, it's meant for distorted sounds only.
However a good humbucker is better, so...

Back
Top Bottom