East Coast AXE FEST ?

So far it looks we might have about 25 people interested, and Philadelphia might be the best location.

Next question is would we prefer to do a smaller get together or try to coordinate this with the larger event?

+1 for an Axe-Fest East. I'm a definite for an organized event. I'm coming from SouthEast PA.

I'm not that far from the Allentown area. 8)

Philly would be good for me.

I would be interested in comparing my Axe-Fx II with others to see if there is something wrong with mine. After 5.07 mine has sounded so much different (not in a good way) and it takes a lot of extra EQ(PEQ,MBC,GEQ) to get it to sound good again. Both direct in to Mackie HR824's and with a tube power amp and guitar speaker cabinets. I used to be able to get a great sound with just an amp block and cab. Or, just an amp block if using my tube power amp. Even the updated presets have too much bass and are muffled. I never had these issues with the firmware before 6.0 or with the Ultra before that.:?

Im in Ohio. How about in Cleveland! The home of rock! I would love to be around people who actually knew what it was and didn't look at it like it was some sort of "digital debauchery"

Anywhere between Philly and New Hampshire would work for me....

I can pack my truck full of frfr's, amps and cabs and head where ever the action is.

I'll just tell the lady that I'm packing up all the gear to take it and trade it in for some new furniture.....that will get me a weekend away. Coming home will just not be fun...lol.

If we think about Philly for AxeFest East we need a local coordinator.

I will throw my hat in the ring as a co-coordinator, but I'm in Baltimore.

Who else is in?

There have been several offers to host by members in the Philadelphia area. Same with gear.

We need some of the regional axefx gurus to step up. Hmmmm... Fractal is just up the road..

Let's make this happen!

Ron

I'm in Virginia Beach, Virginia...and would work to host here in the area or travel to DC / Baltimore and possibly Philadelphia. Curious, What is the critical mass number of people in order to get Fractal Audio corporate participation / support?

I'm in Virginia Beach, Virginia...and would work to host here in the area or travel to DC / Baltimore and possibly Philadelphia. Curious, What is the critical mass number of people in order to get Fractal Audio corporate participation / support?

I suspect, no inside info or anything, that holding it in conjunction with NY Amp similar to this Axe West tie-in may be most logical to Fractal?!?

The Great American Guitar Show is coming to the Philly area on November 10-11 if Fractal or others would like to co-ordinate a get together at the same time.

It's listed as the Philly show and it's being held at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center but it's actually west of Philly in Oaks, PA.

This area has a lot of hotels and conventions centers that would have rooms/halls to rent for an event like this.

Since I live close to the area, I can offer my help if it's needed.

Here is a link to the guitar show: Bee 3 Vintage - Guitar Shows

One of the links shows a November of 2011 date but I checked the Expo Center's calender and it's on for Nov. 10-11.

Back
Top Bottom