Easiest way to quickly preview IR's?

AZG

Experienced
I was wondering what is the easiest way to quickly preview IR's on my computer? I'm in UR IR overload!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had good luck with cab lab. I upload about 8 and send then to the scratchpad. Then I solo one at a time.

Last edited:
Wait a minute here. You use Cab Lab to audition Cabs.
But it can only handle .ir files? I can't open any .syx files (ultra res that is) in Cab Lab.
I would love to use Cab Lab to audition stuff, so easy to send to scratchpad, but it's a bummer it won't send .syx files.
I understand it can't mix them, but why can't i audition those files one by one? Using Fractal Bot is really not a nice work flow, and Cab manager in axe edit won't show the scratchpad.

I assume I'm correct on the above or did i miss something here?

I keep a lot of empty user cab slots on my Axe-Fx.
I upload a bunch of IRs (around 40) to the Axe-Fx by dragging and dropping them in AE's Cab Manager in one go.
I then go the Cab block on the grid and select the first of the uploaded IRs.
From then on I just have to click the Down cursor, to scroll through the IRs and audition them.

The easiest thing to do right now is to pre-load the .syx files into your user cabs as yek suggested.

Pre-load the IR's that are only in .syx format into your user cab slots.

Then use Cab Lab for the IR's in your collection that have .ir files. Not perfect but it let's me browse through the whole collection without re-loading user cab slots.

Back
Top Bottom